No announcement yet.

Margarito destroys Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    The problem is nobody can confirm that these offers were real. I dont give a damn what anyone says... Mayweather made more money fighting Baldomir than he would've Marg and more money fighting DLH than Margarito will make in his next 5 fights.

And rumor is that Goosen never made a 4mil deal for Marg to fight Paul.
    But on Tuesday, Goossen provided to Yahoo! Sports a copy of a July 31 letter he sent to Top Rank chairman Bob Arum in which he offered Margarito "a minimum guaranteed (sic) of $4 million against 50 percent of net revenues to Top Rank/Margarito."

Arum responded in a letter on Aug. 5 rejecting the offer.

Arum wrote: "Thank you for your letter of July 31, 2008 regarding Paul Williams.

"After the terrible experience I was subjected to by Paul Williams, his camp and advisor in connection with a (Kelly) Pavlik fight, I have absolutely no intention whatsoever to be involved in any fight with Mr. Williams.

"Accordingly, your proposal is in all respects rejected and I would request that you do no contact me again regarding Mr. Williams."

Offer was real also confirmed by BPP and this ARUM Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
      But on Tuesday, Goossen provided to Yahoo! Sports a copy of a July 31 letter he sent to Top Rank chairman Bob Arum in which he offered Margarito "a minimum guaranteed (sic) of $4 million against 50 percent of net revenues to Top Rank/Margarito."

Arum responded in a letter on Aug. 5 rejecting the offer.

Arum wrote: "Thank you for your letter of July 31, 2008 regarding Paul Williams.

"After the terrible experience I was subjected to by Paul Williams, his camp and advisor in connection with a (Kelly) Pavlik fight, I have absolutely no intention whatsoever to be involved in any fight with Mr. Williams.

"Accordingly, your proposal is in all respects rejected and I would request that you do no contact me again regarding Mr. Williams."

Offer was real also confirmed by BPP and this ARUM Letter

You gotta link?

And even if this is true, to me it sounds more like Arum pulling the strings rather than Margarito being "afraid".

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        You gotta link?

And even if this is true, to me it sounds more like Arum pulling the strings rather than Margarito being "afraid".
        http://sports.yahoo.com/box/blog/box...urn=box,124741

Wiliams offers goes to Top rank than to Margarito camp. Margarito knew about the deal and they clearly ducked it

Comment

Wiliams offers goes to Top rank than to Margarito camp. Margarito knew about the deal and they clearly ducked it

Comment

Like I said, it sounds alot more like Arum not wanting to make such a risky fihgt, or maybe Marg just dont want it with PWill. Bottomline is, we dont know who decided they should or should not do what.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              And what??? They rejected the offer. Mayweather is canned not dealing with Arum when he was bloody suing him for unpaid money

Comment

And what??? They rejected the offer. Mayweather is canned not dealing with Arum when he was bloody suing him for unpaid money

Why on earth can't you see the promoters don't get along? Wtf?

Williams should wait his turn like Margarito had too. Damn crybaby.

Margs is gonna kill it with Mosley and Cotto just like your boy Mayweather did with Hatton and DLH only on a smaller scale.
                He's been fighting since 1993, he calls the shots now, whether Williams likes it or not.
                Last edited by jreckoning; 11-29-2008, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by {}{}MATADOR{}{} View Post
                  Wins over Martinez,Cintron,Clottey,Cotto, close fight with Williams ducked by Mayweather and now fighting Mosley next.

This man is a total badass!

marg isn't effective at 154. I bet he can't even beat sergio mora.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    marg isn't effective at 154. I bet he can't even beat sergio mora.
                    He is not effective against men his own size

Comment

Working...
                    X