Collapse
No announcement yet.

chavez sr would've been a stylistical nightmare for floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine somebody five times better than Jose Luis Castillo.

Comment

Floyd is smart but damn did JCC work.

JCC by stoppage; Floyd if it goes the distance.

Comment

Chavez Sr. would have been a statistical punching bag for Floyd! !!!! Difference in that fight compared to his fight with Sweet Pea is Floyd has more punching power and would have knocked overrated Sr out. And all that butt kiss Freddie P was doing for Sr that night would have made them all look foolish .

Comment

I think Chavez would have an extremely difficult time with Mayweather's style. I'd favor Mayweather to win this one.

Comment

I like Floyd by decision. people bring up the 1st Castillo fight but Floyd fought half the fight with 1 hand and still won. that staright up and down Mexican style is not gonna beat Floyd. it will take someone with a jab and boxing ability to beat mayweather. not a mauler/brawler

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              I like Floyd by decision. people bring up the 1st Castillo fight but Floyd fought half the fight with 1 hand and still won. that staright up and down Mexican style is not gonna beat Floyd. it will take someone with a jab and boxing ability to beat mayweather. not a mauler/brawler
              You know you're dealing with a Mayweather fanboy when Julio Cesar Chavez becomes a brawler with no boxing ability.

Comment

Jcc is one of the most underrated ATG's in the sport.

Chavez by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                  Floyd won that fight as much as Bradley beat Pacquiao.

Floyd lost the 1st fight, I don't want to hear about his shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    I think Floyd would have won but it would have been a hell of a close fight, I don't think the Sweet Pea fight (which many people will bring up) has much relevance since Whitaker and Mayweather fight differently. If you bring up Chavez-Whitaker, then we have to bring up Mayweather-Castillo (JLC is actually eerily similar to JCC) and we all know the first one was Floyd's toughest fight to date.
                    Floyd was injured in that fight, I don't recall Chavez being injured in the Whitaker fight. The Castillo rematch would be a better point of comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      I think Chavezs activity would've been too much for Floyd to be honest.
                      Activity??? Chavez was a historically slow starter. He often gave away the first 4 rounds in most of his fights. You spot Floyd 4 rounds and it's over.

Comment

Working...
                      X