Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did GBP find out about the positive test?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did GBP find out about the positive test?

Morales was tested three times by USADA [United States Anti-Doping Agency]. Morales' A and the B samples resulting from the October 3 and October 10 drug tests came up positive for clenbuterol, a banned substance used by some athletes to cut weight. The fighters took another drug test on Wednesday, and Morales' third test had no traces of clenbuterol. Morales claimed that he ate contaminated meat in Mexico.
    So Morales was tested on Wednesday, and the results were back on Saturday. So does that mean that the test done on October 3rd was also back a few days later?

The news of all of this broke the day before the fight, and it seemed to come as a surprise to Garcia. I'm wondering how long GBP knew about it, and whether or not they kept it secret for as long as possible so that it'd be too late to get a replacement.

There have been claims before about USADA possibly favouring GBP. Could be BS but this whole situation doesn't seem quite right.

nobody from golden boy announced that Morales tested positive. they wanted to cover it up as they always do. Scott Hale from halestormsports broke the story after 2 or 3 sources told him what happened. if Hale wouldnt have done it, nobody would have found out.

Comment

Yeah, it's a bit odd.

I don't care for USADA to be honest. After Tygart's sketchy comments back when, I thought dude was a bit suspect...maybe it was just bad wording on his part, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt Boxing needs better testing, and I'm all for VADA, an organization that has a boxing person behind it, amongst others perhaps. An orginazation I believe cares for Boxing more than selling a product.

Comment

Working...
      X