Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Boxing Related Questions that you would Love to have answered one way or the other.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    That's a good one.

I would ask what was in the bottle

Did Willie Pep win a round without throwing a punch.

Why was Ruby Goldstein sleeping on the job
    The answer to that is no.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      It was supposed to be at 144 Lbs but then the contract was changed where they could weigh in above 144 but would be fined however much of their purse, or something like that. Or that may have been the original contract.

Nothing was secretive as far as I can see.
      Then why wouldn't Schaefer or De La Hoya just say that? Anytime they were asked during the build up, they wouldn't give a number for the weight. That's just weird.

Comment

The answer to that is no.
        Are you sure??

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
          Are you sure??
          Yes, I am.

It's been confirmed countless times that it's a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Then why wouldn't Schaefer or De La Hoya just say that? Anytime they were asked during the build up, they wouldn't give a number for the weight. That's just weird.
            They did.

It was announced as a fight at 144 Lbs.

They didn't confirm they specifics on the terms but they came out eventually.

Comment

They did.

It was announced as a fight at 144 Lbs.

They didn't confirm they specifics on the terms but they came out eventually.
              They never confirmed the contract weight before the weigh in. It was just unusual and something I've always wondered about. I know we now know the details and specifics, but why not do it the way they do for every other fight, before the bout's weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                They never confirmed the contract weight before the weigh in. It was just unusual and something I've always wondered about. I know we now know the details and specifics, but why not do it the way they do for every other fight, before the bout's weigh in.
                They did.

They announced the contract weight on the day it was announced; 144 Lbs.

Comment

They did.

They announced the contract weight on the day it was announced; 144 Lbs.
                  And in press conferences when asked what the weight, Schaefer and De La Hoya would never confirm it. I know it was announced, I'm talking about the refusal on their part to confirm it, like any normal promoter would when asked about the contracted weight.

Comment

Yes, I am.

It's been confirmed countless times that it's a myth.
                    boo

Then my 2nd question would be, was the fan man an elaborate ruse created by Holyfield to distract Bowe and throw him off his game??

Comment

Working...
                    X