Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones, Jr. talks about how he would've done against Mayweather and Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones, Jr. talks about how he would've done against Mayweather and Pacquiao

Roy Jones Jr. Exclusive Interview hrow away size, weight, and age out the window, we asked the legend himself Roy Jones, Jr. how he would've done against today's top two boxers, Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, Jr. in his prime. Based on style, the boxing writers' 90's Fighter of the Decade said he believes he would've beaten Mayweather, but would encounter more of a challenge figuring out Pacquiao. "The young Roy Jones, Jr. would probably beat Floyd Mayweather, Jr., because basically Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and James Toney fight with the same style. My style is a little different than their style," Jones said on dBoxing Source Radio show. "But when you come back and start talking about Manny Pacquiao, he's a whole different animal. He's a southpaw who throws bombs," Jones said, and continued, "You got to survive his power first, then you deal with him. That's still yet to be seen. Of course with my size I'll beat him, but if I was in his weight class, that would be a good fight to see."

Do you have a link?

Comment

Size for size, prime for prime Roy would not have beaten Floyd. Roy had speed and athleticism, but what Floyd had is speed, athleticism and technical soundness. Size for size he prob lose to Pac, too, because after watching the Calzaghe fight, i realized Roy cannot adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post

Roy Jones Jr. Exclusive Interview hrow away size, weight, and age out the window, we asked the legend himself Roy Jones, Jr. how he would've done against today's top two boxers, Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, Jr. in his prime. Based on style, the boxing writers' 90's Fighter of the Decade said he believes he would've beaten Mayweather, but would encounter more of a challenge figuring out Pacquiao. "The young Roy Jones, Jr. would probably beat Floyd Mayweather, Jr., because basically Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and James Toney fight with the same style. My style is a little different than their style," Jones said on dBoxing Source Radio show. "But when you come back and start talking about Manny Pacquiao, he's a whole different animal. He's a southpaw who throws bombs," Jones said, and continued, "You got to survive his power first, then you deal with him. That's still yet to be seen. Of course with my size I'll beat him, but if I was in his weight class, that would be a good fight to see."
        You should be banned for spamming. You just made a duplicate thread from a boxingscene thread that you even participated in. There is no reason to make this thread. When there is a thread already up there with the same subject which again you participated in.

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
        Size for size, prime for prime Roy would not have beaten Floyd. Roy had speed and athleticism, but what Floyd had is speed, athleticism and technical soundness. Size for size he prob lose to Pac, too, because after watching the Calzaghe fight, i realized Roy cannot adjust.

Comment

It's an interesting view. Makes some valid points I suppose.

Comment

Working...
          X