No announcement yet.

Philadelphia Daily News: Skip Pacquiao-Margarito and Watch Football

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinkivory View Post
    I got the feeling that if more articles like these keep coming out, someone is going to suffer an injury and this fight might be cancelled. People are starting to criticize Manny's decision to fight Marg and it looks like if the pressure continues, this fight will be cancelled. HBO will probably pull out because of the criticism since they did have the Resto documentary. People can be relentless when they are against fights like this and it just might not happen
    I have a feeling that Hbo doesn't give a **** that a filthy dirty cheater is making a big pay-check, that Hbo only cares about putting money in their pockets. They know damn well that this fight will sell like crazy because the foolish Mexican fans who root for a cheater like Margarito actually thinks he stands a chance at beating Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by IlostMyAccount View Post
      I have a feeling that Hbo doesn't give a **** that a filthy dirty cheater is making a big pay-check, that Hbo only cares about putting money in their pockets. They know damn well that this fight will sell like crazy because the foolish Mexican fans who root for a cheater like Margarito actually thinks he stands a chance at beating Pacquiao.
      They might rethink this fight. Like the article said, they received some kind of award for the Resto document, and now they are promoting a fight with a guy that tried to cheat. With enough pressure from the public, they might not take a chance to go through with it. Also, Pac is getting a lot of heat with this and his reputation is in jeopardy here. This is just the beggining of this and it might get ugly for Pac and HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by CungLe View Post
        Pacquiao vs Margarito is fight of the year.

Only mentally ill people would miss war like this!
        Then it has been a pathetic ****ing year for boxing.

Comment

college football fans aren't boxing fans, they're MMGay fans, so who cares.

Comment

WHEN THERE still was a scintilla of hope that the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. megafight could be salvaged for Nov. 13, I was faced with a possible decision that would have required the wisdom of Solomon: Should I cover the biggest boxing match in years, or the Penn State at Ohio State game that could have national-title implications?

This guy was thinking of even missing the Manny vs Floyd fight !!!!

...... this guy is not much of a boxing fan....... this article is meaningless.

Comment

these buffoons don't konw what their missing. pac/marg will be an epic slugfest for as long as marg can take it.

Comment

I wrote a lengthy response to a boxing/UFC article from Bernard Fernandez post UFC 101 and they removed it from the comments section lol.

Comment

sure boxing fans...just watch football!....lol..what a dumbass writer!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    these buffoons don't konw what their missing. pac/marg will be an epic slugfest for as long as marg can take it.
                    they said the same thing about mannys fight with clotty and that fight was not good. even the cotto fight was not that good after round 5

do you think cotto and clotty were great fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                      they said the same thing about mannys fight with clotty and that fight was not good.
                      who said that clottey/pac was gonna be an epic war? Anybody with a brain knew that fight was going 12 rounds given clottey's style.

but nobody anticipated that clottey would stay in his turtle shell and throw 10 punches a round. I mean, it's a boxing match. you're supposed to throw punches. the welterweight average is around 30-40 punches a round.

Can't blame people for that.

even the cotto fight was not that good after round 5
                      cause cotto pretty much gave up after he got knocked down the 2nd time.

do you think cotto and clotty were great fight?
                      both cotto and clottey ain't margarito. margarito will come forward and throw punches. he won't give up, he won't stop, he'd rather go out on his shield than quit.

Comment

Working...
                      X