No announcement yet.

Is Luis Ortiz Overrated Poll?!?!?!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Ortiz's dominate stoppage over Jennings is better than anything Johsua has done and as good as Wilder's win over Stieverne. If he's such hype, Wilder could've chose to fight Ortiz instead of Arreola, same with Joshua choosing to fight Breazele. They both could've taken a fight with Ortiz.
    Are these rumours of a failed drug test true? as I wouldn't want my fighter going up agaisnt someone that failed a drugs test.

Hopefully the rumours aren't true, as if fans are now backing drug cheats, thats a sad day for boxing.

Comment

I'd hesitate to call Ortiz overhyped as that carries connotations that he can't be any good, or is waiting to be exposed or some such nonsense. Ortiz is a good fighter, very solid skillset, good power and durability, good experience and ring iq. He's not as amazing as many people seem to think, IMO, and doesn't have the resume of a truly top flight fighter, though the manner in which he dispatched of his most high level opponents was impressive. I'd pick him to beat Wilder, probably Joshua, and Povetkin would be a toss up. He loses to Wlad and Fury at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRevolver View Post
        Are these rumours of a failed drug test true? as I wouldn't want my fighter going up agaisnt someone that failed a drugs test.

Hopefully the rumours aren't true, as if fans are now backing drug cheats, thats a sad day for boxing.
        If he's clean now, then he's not cheating is he? He's currently no more guilty than Mayweather who refused release his past drug testing results to Pacquiao and as result settled out of court. He's no more guilty than Mayweather's fighters: Badu Jack, Mickey Bey, and J'Leon Love who all failed drug tests in the past.

If Ortiz trained with Memo Herredia, then he wouldn't have gotten caught and you wouldn't have to feel bad about him.

Comment

If you back anyone nowadays you're most likely backing a drug cheat. Whether they've pissed dirty, are going to piss dirty or are smart/lucky enough never to piss dirty is the only dividing line. Moral indignation is starting to ring increasingly hollow the more the scale of the situation becomes apparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            If he's clean now, then he's not cheating is he?
            That tells me everything about you a person, and your standards. If someone is caught cheating, it should be a ban for life.

Comment

Yeah he was caught twice

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
                If you back anyone nowadays you're most likely backing a drug cheat. Whether they've pissed dirty, are going to piss dirty or are smart/lucky enough never to piss dirty is the only dividing line. Moral indignation is starting to ring increasingly hollow the more the scale of the situation becomes apparent.
                innocent till proven guilty

Comment

He is a PED cheat. He has awesome power but he's too old now to make a mark really. Watch Povetkin school him as an am. Overrated? No. No one rates him that highly really. Poor mans Ibeabuchi.

Comment

That tells me everything about you a person, and your standards. If someone is caught cheating, it should be a ban for life.
                    And you're statement tells me everything about you. Drug testing today is weak. If the fighters were doing 24/7 year round testing for all substances then I would have more agreement with you about the punishment. Right now, the majority of PED use is occurring outside of the testing periods, guys are making their gains and cycling off then testing clean.

As for people who get caught under the current system, whether they intentionally took something or accidentally (many current legal products are loaded with illegal ingredients so that the consumer sees a benefit and keeps buying it), those who get caught need to pay a price. Suspension, fines, loss ranking, ect. But they deserve a chance to come back clean & legit after they pay those prices. Repeat offenders like Tarver should be banned for life and be subject to criminal charges. But you're suggesting once somebody commits a crime they should be locked up for life? I'll disagree, they should have a chance to come back clean and live under tighter scrutiny.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
                      If you back anyone nowadays you're most likely backing a drug cheat.
                      According to a poster called WTF huck on a boxing forum? OK.

From my experience of working in sport, any individual that is (clean) but is better/stronger/faster then the rest, will have to deal with rumours, being labelled dirty or "he must be on something".

That just says more about the people spreading the rumours, as while there will of course be cheats out there (that haven't been caught) there are talented individuals who don't have to cheat.

Comment

Working...
                      X