Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd put a lot of un-needed pressure on Spence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    He puts a lot of pressure on his guys because that's the way Floyd came up.

In his 2nd year as a pro, at the young age of 21, he already beat a good established champ for a title

Personally, I love it. People complain about guys fighting nobody. Floyd is the most trial by fire handler in recent timez

I expect Errol to give Algieri a beating before he knocks this basketball player out.

If Floyd was able to stop Hernandez, Errol can do in Algieri (who is nowhere as good as Genaro)
    True. When you look at fighters these days who are 26 years old or even older and haven't really fought anybody, then compare them with Floyd himself who had fought the likes of Hernandez, Castillo, Corrales all before he was 24 or 25. He knows you have to prove yourself.

That's why i find it laughable that guys these days want to be the A-side and be divas when they haven't even beaten anybody. The reason the likes of Floyd, Manny etc. are A-side fighters is because they fought good fighters on the way up to put themselves in that position, they didn't just demand it after beating a few bums.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      True. When you look at fighters these days who are 26 years old or even older and haven't really fought anybody, then compare them with Floyd himself who had fought the likes of Hernandez, Castillo, Corrales all before he was 24 or 25. He knows you have to prove yourself.

That's why i find it laughable that guys these days want to be the A-side and be divas when they haven't even beaten anybody. The reason the likes of Floyd, Manny etc. are A-side fighters is because they fought good fighters on the way up to put themselves in that position, they didn't just demand it after beating a few bums.
      Yes. It's the model successful people use irl.

Teens and twenties are about mastering skills. Cash out in your thirties.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Everyone is the "future"... Heard that before with Alexander, Dawson, Broner and then Spence, Mayweather might be a brilliant boxer but he isn't God or a fortune teller.
        His betting losses prove that

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Personally I havent followed Spence but from what I have read about his time sparring at the Floyd Mayweather gym he is supposed to be "the future." So with that said, I expect nothing less than a brutal beating of Algeri, problem is Algeri isnt a bad boxer at all, kinda awkward and rangy. Not to mention his coach JDJ seems to be the best teacher since the passing of my favorite trainer of all time Emanuel Steward (RIP). With that said do you think Floyd puts way to much pressure on his prospects? And do you think Spence will deliver a brutal KO or TKO beating?
          Pressure makes diamonds, but pressure also busts pipes; if SpenceJr is as good as everyone seems to believe him to be, the early co-sign from Floyd fasttracks his way to super-stardom.

Adrien Broner bragged his way into getting that "next guy up" position, didn't have the goods, and now he's letting his world fall apart with nonsense.

Comment

Idk if he's done anything that serious to Spence one way or another. Spence gots his own people he's dealing with more often than Floyd. I think Floyd puts unneeded pressure on many of the fighters from his gym & who fight under Mayweather Promotions. I think great fighters involved in the promotion business should take more of a step back from things then Floyd seems willing to do at this point. Floyd needs to be more Oscar like minus the cross dressing basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Pressure makes diamonds, but pressure also busts pipes; if SpenceJr is as good as everyone seems to believe him to be, the early co-sign from Floyd fasttracks his way to super-stardom.

Adrien Broner bragged his way into getting that "next guy up" position, didn't have the goods, and now he's letting his world fall apart with nonsense.
              Good analogy brother! Sending a green K your way just for that. But yeah I fceel u, I think Broner was trying a lot harder to prove who he is outside the ring than inside. I havent heard any non sense coming from Spence so I am hoping we see something special. He has the endorsement, so its on him to produce. Bad thing is a close win against Algeri is a good win for anyone but I think Spence has to do better than get close.

Comment

No one boxer is the future of boxing. With boxers only fighting twice a year that would be bad. Fortunately good boxers are coming up in different weight classes from all over the world. Some of them will be a part of the best of boxing's future. I think Spence will be one of the best future stars of boxing but certainly not the only one.

Comment

Working...
                X