No announcement yet.

Ward vs kovalev at 175 ? Who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by witter87 View Post
    Ward is a future ATG but i just dont see anyone with a human brain being able to take 12 rounds of Kovalev's shots he's just to accurate you will have to knock him out with 1 punch to beat him.
    WHAT? He's a future ATG? How the 'ell do you figure that?

You dont need to exaggerate how much you respect him just to balance picking against him v Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
      I prefer to concentrate on the present.

He already beat everyone at 168.

His shoulder is healed.

Its time to fight.
      True, i agree,, I just think he is looking at froch 2, chavez jr, ggg rather than stevenson, hopkins, kovolev

[QUOTE=Light_Speed;13666886]Wrong, Ward wants to be on PPV, he's looking for the most lucrative fights he can get (like every fighter). Right now, it's either a Froch rematch or a Chavez fight. Hopkins did what he did because he had no choice, Ward is much more famous than Hopkins was at his age.

Your right about Ward wanting the most lucrative fights,,, but wrong about everything else... he will also stay at 168 for awhile,,, he has already said that, so if he stays at 168 for another 3 years or so, he will indeed fight all the guys me and weebler mentioned,,,

You can nitpick all you want, but thats straight from ward's mouth,, HE IS STAYING AT 168 FOR A LONG TIME

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
        WHAT? He's a future ATG? How the 'ell do you figure that?

You dont need to exaggerate how much you respect him just to balance picking against him v Kovalev

Most likely because he has already cleaned out his 168 division, has beaten alot of top guys,, will probably leave the game as the best 168 champion ever,,,
        Then throw in a lightheavy reign, and also being p4p#1 fighter in the world...

What more could you ask the guy to do in a career

Comment

Ward wins easy work

Comment

I can see ward winning a tough decision, but may even get dropped once in the process. Kovalev is the real deal. Tough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
              Imo ward has very few options at 168. But beating kovalev and stevenson could be nice on his resume.
              Thoughts?
              I think GGG would be the tougher fight. IF he moves up to 175 then he probably won't be fighting GGG any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Ward gave an interview the other day saying he's not moving up and that there are plenty of match-ups at 168.
                You'd fool me by the amount of fights he's had so far

Comment

John David Jackson was interviewed on Fight Hype and basically said he would love to put Sergey in the ring with Ward (at 175) or Hopkins. He said Kovalev would beat the brakes off of Bernard.

Comment

Ward by a clear UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                      Ward ducks this fight like the plague or tries draining him to 168 when he is a career light-heavyweight.
                      Ward may not like to travel to other places but he isn't the type to duck anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X