No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez Will Have Barrera Ready For Andre Ward's Clinching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
    i think ward is more of a smotherer instead of a clincher..
    he uses your jab against you by walking you right in to his shoulder..and u basically fall on him and he either accepts it or starts working his hands when u least expect him to explode...he's just a complete fighter, but yes he does know how to clinch, but you will be frustrated so much that your teachings wont be on your mind..bc u'll understand he does way more than clinch..and if that is 70% of wat you trainer works on u waisted a lot of time..u'll see abel...mr. ward is a boxing monster that doesnt have power...he'll like freddie...he keeps you through hell the whole match
    is it 70% or maybe 65% or 67.4%?

hahah

look at this jig thinking he knows how to break down a training camp with exact percentages...

yet does not know the first thing about a training camp.

probably never even laced a pair of gloves up

Comment

Ward #1 or 2 on most outlets? Is this article 5 years old or does the poster live in a cave?

Ward has long been overtaken by the likes of Roman Gonzales, Sergey Kovalev and GGG. Those are the fighters people love to see and who are on top of the sport.

Anyway, if Ward has anything left, Sullivan might just be too green still. Specially in Oakland with pocket judges and a pocket ref Ward will get all close rounds anyway. Will be interesting to see if Ward still clinches, holds and hits and headbutts and gets no warnings for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
        What about the headbutts and elbows?
        Lmao but he P4P 1 doe

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          On March 26th former unified super middleweight champion Andre Ward (28-0) will return to the ring against rising light heavyweight contender Sullivan Barrera (17-0) in an HBO televised main event. The bout takes place in Ward's hometown of Oakland, Calif.

[Click Here To Read More]
          Andre Ward fans should be ashamed of this thread hahaha. Your fighter is more known for ilegal tactics than anything else.
          Last edited by _Maxi; 02-11-2016, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            Ward #1 or 2 on most outlets? Is this article 5 years old or does the poster live in a cave?

Ward has long been overtaken by the likes of Roman Gonzales, Sergey Kovalev and GGG. Those are the fighters people love to see and who are on top of the sport.

Anyway, if Ward has anything left, Sullivan might just be too green still. Specially in Oakland with pocket judges and a pocket ref Ward will get all close rounds anyway. Will be interesting to see if Ward still clinches, holds and hits and headbutts and gets no warnings for it.
            no it will not be interesting since we already know the answer. every wlad, ward, floyd fight people always bring this up and no nothing ever happens to them. its rigged for them. that's the whole point! they need these handicaps otherwise they won't fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post

Roman Gonzales ???

Unfortunately , as good as he is , his weight class alone pevents him from becoming the sort of presence in the sport that u speak of . At 112 pounds NO ONE knows him except those who closely follow the sport . As a matter of fact I'll argue that it's almost impossible for any fighter under 140 to have household name recognition .

Comment

Originally posted by amayseng View Post
                is it 70% or maybe 65% or 67.4%?

hahah

look at this jig thinking he knows how to break down a training camp with exact percentages...

yet does not know the first thing about a training camp.

probably never even laced a pair of gloves up
                i lace up my sons gloves daily..and he's an unbeaten am..soooo u wanna back off that or do u want to tell me how being unbeaten for 2.5 years means nothing..
                abel's words tell me he's putting on an act as if he has ward all figured out..well first he should understand that knowledge needs to be with your fight and not you...2nd he needs to understand figthers like ward are never 100% figured out the man has not lost a fight in years(am or pro) bc he knows the book..he is crafty..if u think i should like ****y overconfident statements like this than show me that abel can pull it off then i will respect it..until then my respect is with the man that hasnt lost since he first figured out wat losing felt like..so w/e bro

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                  i lace up my sons gloves daily..and he's an unbeaten am..soooo u wanna back off that or do u want to tell me how being unbeaten for 2.5 years means nothing..
                  abel's words tell me he's putting on an act as if he has ward all figured out..well first he should understand that knowledge needs to be with your fight and not you...2nd he needs to understand figthers like ward are never 100% figured out the man has not lost a fight in years(am or pro) bc he knows the book..he is crafty..if u think i should like ****y overconfident statements like this than show me that abel can pull it off then i will respect it..until then my respect is with the man that hasnt lost since he first figured out wat losing felt like..so w/e bro
                  you respect a cheater? come on. he's made a great living for himself and that's ok i guess but as a fan we don't have to respect a guy who did it the easy win and cheated.

Comment

Ward, like Hopkins and Mayweather, fights a different fight then most fighters. Its all about taking away the other fighter's strength rather than to beat down their opponent. Its about doing things that will frustrate the other boxer and disrupt his rhythm.
                    Barrera has to expect an ugly fight. A fight with no rhythm or flow to it. In preparation for the fight, anytime Barrera feels good while sparring , anytime he feels he has a flow going, Sanchez should stop the action cause thats not the way a fight with Ward is going to feel.
                    Last edited by ruedboy; 02-11-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      you respect a cheater? come on. he's made a great living for himself and that's ok i guess but as a fan we don't have to respect a guy who did it the easy win and cheated.
                      who are u calling a cheater? ward? man gtfoh..vada testing is signed and sealed for his first fight at 175...if he's going to be clean at 175 wat in gods name tells you he would have to cheat at 168...ward hasnt lost since he was 12...man i guess he was juiced then as well..

Comment

Working...
                      X