Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion what is the state of Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
    That's recycled garbage. World knows who the established duck is. Floyd being a duck is general knowledge and been in world encyclopedias for a long time now. The guy who calls himself "Money" ducked the biggest money fight of all time. The embarrassing thing about it is he's the biggest roider in the sport. He still got no balls to fight the Pacman, who agreed to unlimited urine and 3 blood tests. VADA takes one blood test and they were catching cheats left and right. TMT fighters are getting caught left and right by mere urine. Pederson and Berto got caught by VADA by urine sample taken 3 months before the fight. Roidweather got away with 3 positive test results and still able to fool people. Keep fooling yourself.
    Truth is only garbage when it doesn't paint the best picture of manny. fans such as yourself are easily exposed and dismissed.

If you don't have a problem with Bob/Manny getting millions for easy fights, stop getting mad if broner, danny or any other haymon fighter get a few hundred thou for the same kind of crap.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all fight a 14-1 underdog. Man, I wish broner/danny/Floyd were fighting algieiri next then we could really find out what guys like you HONESTLY think about him.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthyssePower View Post
      I have been a boxing fan since around 2004 and I feel like the sport is much healthier today than it was back then. I feel like the increased competition from Showtime trying to be the leader in elite level boxing and mega fights against HBO has really provided great content and match ups for Boxing. One trend that is really hurting the sport recently especially in 2014 is way too many pay per views. I feel like there is an enormous amount of young talent coming up in Boxing with prospects/young champions as I will rattle off a lot of names of young fighters I see a lot of potential in. Julian Williams, Anthony Joshua, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter, Felix Verdejo, Canelo Alvarez, Jose Benavidez, Frankie Gomez, Terence Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Vasyl Lomachenko, Danny Garcia, Kell Brook, Callum Smith, Deontay Wilder, Carl Frampton, Leo Santa Cruz and Oscar Valdez.
      These are young fighters that I feel will be all over everyone's pound for pound list in years to come. I also feel like Boxing is leaving America more and feel like the talent is coming from Latin America, Eastern Europe and Southeast Asia. While I think Boxing is a little stagnant in America I feel like Boxing on a Global level has had great success in the past decade. I will end with I am very excited for the young crop of talent in Boxing and see a lot of great fights for the future of the sport. My question is to you where do you see Boxing at the moment and where in the future?
      Boxing is on Showtime, HBO, ESPN,CBSSN Fox1, NBCSN, Telfura, and Univision.

As far as the list of fighters you mention, they now have multiple media platforms to gain exposure and become star. The only thing that hurts the sport is the sometimes suspect officiating, arum refusing to work with Haymon, and the bigoted fans who want to see the sport fractured more than accepting the success of having more outlets to watch boxing, than any other time in the last 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
        I don't know how it is in some parts of the globe but from where I live it's been at an all time low. I started watching with a large circle of relatives and friends. Now I'm all alone. I canceled my subscriptions and discovered the world of streaming, out of necessity. I'll watch if they're available. Otherwise, I'm content reading who won/lost after the fight is over.
        Where are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Truth is only garbage when it doesn't paint the best picture of manny. fans such as yourself are easily exposed and dismissed.

If you don't have a problem with Bob/Manny getting millions for easy fights, stop getting mad if broner, danny or any other haymon fighter get a few hundred thou for the same kind of crap.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all fight a 14-1 underdog. Man, I wish broner/danny/Floyd were fighting algieiri next then we could really find out what guys like you HONESTLY think about him.
          Re you fking serious? Maidana opened at 18-1 underdog to Floyd the first time and closed at 14-1 in lots of places. And what's the excuse for the last 3 years after Manny agreed to the testing and less money? You're the biggest idiot Floyd ball gobbler on here. I hope you disappear with that fraud.

Comment

Fighters are getting paid a ridiculous amount of money

Thanks to the many social media outlets fighters are getting 100x more exposure

and the 80,000 Groves/Froch fight showed that boxing is growing and thriving.

Only negative IMO is the still lack of serious testing in a combat sport

Comment

I'm not too worried about the talent and such, not even much about the fights that are being made. To me boxing is starting to lose some boxers with some charisma that attract the people. Floyd and Manny are heading for the exit, but are still pretty much the main attractions. Most discussions are about them, emotions fly highest when it's about them. I see no other boxer atm who has that kind of potential except for perhaps Canelo, but he would need to start speaking English. Same goes for a lot of the other current talent imho.

Comment

Originally posted by lewishamboy View Post
                2014 has been boxing's worst year for as long as i can remember.

Why are no good matchups getting made this year?
                That's just not even remotely true. In the last 4-5 months we have only had a few weekends without subscription TV boxing. It's not as far as great as last year but how could it be. Bernstein said it was his best year since the 80s. Their have been some really solid match ups this year as well.

Comment

UFC gave boxing a hit, and then it kinda evened out.

But according to tv numbers and advertising budget, UFC is again applying pressure on boxing, and kinda kicking its ass.

UFC is doing everything to get more mainstream, get as many viewers as possible. While boxing is increasingly playing to a small isolated niche, and losing all casual watchers.

It's not surprising boxing is declining because how long can boxing keep on surviving corruption and controversy in the name of short term profits for the few? These problems might not effect the hardcore fans, but you can bet your ass when a casual sees or reads about the multiple fiascos involving Lamont Peterson, they write the sport off. When 75% of the fights are just jokes, why would anybody a hardcore boxing fan watch?

Boxing will survive, but it will increasingly become an isolated sport. Among the young, there is no comparison. The young HATE boxing, and UFC completely dominates it. And frankly, considering how abysmal boxing is, I'm actually glad.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
                    UFC gave boxing a hit, and then it kinda evened out.

But according to tv numbers and advertising budget, UFC is again applying pressure on boxing, and kinda kicking its ass.

UFC is doing everything to get more mainstream, get as many viewers as possible. While boxing is increasingly playing to a small isolated niche, and losing all casual watchers.

It's not surprising boxing is declining because how long can boxing keep on surviving corruption and controversy in the name of short term profits for the few? These problems might not effect the hardcore fans, but you can bet your ass when a casual sees or reads about the multiple fiascos involving Lamont Peterson, they write the sport off. When 75% of the fights are just jokes, why would anybody a hardcore boxing fan watch?

Boxing will survive, but it will increasingly become an isolated sport. Among the young, there is no comparison. The young HATE boxing, and UFC completely dominates it. And frankly, considering how abysmal boxing is, I'm actually glad.
                    I'd what numbers your looking at but ufc ppv numbers have sunk like a torpedoed ship in the last 3 years. Boxing might outsell it in ppv buys with half as many ppvs.

Ufc on Fox struggles to get 2m views on a platform of 130m.

Ufc is more popular among the young but boxing has just as big as base imo. Ufc has more casual s still. They do a better job with promoting. It's not even close.

Comment

Too many ghetto fans

Comment

Working...
                      X