Freddie Flintoff fighting on Friday..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Flintoff fighting on Friday..

Anyone watching it on BoxNation?

Surprised that the card is at the Manchester Arena. Anyone know how many tickets been sold?

Here's who he is fighting:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...6658&cat=boxer

Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

I heard they'd set it up for about 5,000. I'll be watching on Boxnation. I'll be rooting for him, he's always seemed like a really nice guy, and the Sky 1 documentary has made me see him in a different light. Not expecting him to look a million dollars, but I hope he wins well and decides to stick with it.

Can't be arsed arguing with all the snobs who think it's beneath them, don't watch it if you don't like it. Simple really.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
      I heard they'd set it up for about 5,000. I'll be watching on Boxnation. I'll be rooting for him, he's always seemed like a really nice guy, and the Sky 1 documentary has made me see him in a different light. Not expecting him to look a million dollars, but I hope he wins well and decides to stick with it.

Can't be arsed arguing with all the snobs who think it's beneath them, don't watch it if you don't like it. Simple really.
      He's pretty fortunate to have his debut on TV, when you think how hard a new pro has to work to build his name etc, sell tickets and get paid peanuts.

Will be interesting to see how he does though, dont have Boxnation so wont be watching.

Comment

Yes you're absolutely right, he's very fortunate, but the flip side to that coin is that many people who wouldn't usually be watching or talking about boxing are this week. Maybe the sport will pick up a few new fans, and that can't be a bad thing.

Comment

Yes you're absolutely right, he's very fortunate, but the flip side to that coin is that many people who wouldn't usually be watching or talking about boxing are this week. Maybe the sport will pick up a few new fans, and that can't be a bad thing.
          Maybe for ones that go to watch it live, but I doubt it will encourage people to Boxnation, it's not widely recognised by people that dont watch alot of boxing and doesnt really deliver.

And for the British fighters or Warren's stable their exposure is reduced.

Hope Freddie does well though.

Comment

I'm with you all the way with you on this. Firstly I can't stand cricket (I'm Scottish it's not allowed) so have absolutely no prior love for Flintoff. However upon watching the sky 1 prog I have nothing but respect for the man. He's trained properly and hard. He's taking this seriously and he's doing it for the right reasons.

In a era where we talk about boxing no longer being mainstream this is a win win for the sport. Flintoff loses badly and people who would possible not have had any prior interest in the sport have a new understand of just how difficult the sport and a new found respect for it. If he wins he'll get mainstream media coverage and that can only benefit the sport.

I can understand if fighters feel a little p*ssed at the coverage he'll get but the guy is a legend in another sport so that was always going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
              I'm with you all the way with you on this. Firstly I can't stand cricket (I'm Scottish it's not allowed) so have absolutely no prior love for Flintoff. However upon watching the sky 1 prog I have nothing but respect for the man. He's trained properly and hard. He's taking this seriously and he's doing it for the right reasons.

In a era where we talk about boxing no longer being mainstream this is a win win for the sport. Flintoff loses badly and people who would possible not have had any prior interest in the sport have a new understand of just how difficult the sport and a new found respect for it. If he wins he'll get mainstream media coverage and that can only benefit the sport.

I can understand if fighters feel a little p*ssed at the coverage he'll get but the guy is a legend in another sport so that was always going to happen.
              Yep agree with both of you, more than anything i think the Docs are important (hence why sky picked them up but not the fight). The Mcguigans are personable and good on camera. Another thing i like was the sports science aspect looked modern! Not a shock to us boxing fans but i always get the feeling outsiders think boxing is stuck in the past somewhat.

From a personal viewpoint seeing freddy get in shape made me go back to the gym after a month of being lazy, so hopefully it can get newbies motivated to give it a go as well!

Comment

Freddie is jokes love him on a league of their own hope he does well

Comment

I'll be watching.

Still haven't checked out the Sky 1 documentary but will do before the fight tonight.

I can see why he's got some people's back up but I think it's good for the sport. It doesn't look like he's taking it as some sort of joke and he looks fitter and healthier than I've ever seen him.

Good luck to Freddie but I can't see his career lasting too long.

Comment

For more information: link sbobet thai

Comment

Working...
                    X