Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulie Malignaggi vs Adrien Broner - Who Won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
    Paulie did better than expected, causing people to overreact. Well, that, and people look for reasons to hate Broner (as if he doesn't provide enough reason).
    It might be the other way around - people are expecting so much from Broner, they scored that fight favorably for him.

I rewatched the fight just concentrating on what the boxers are doing, forgetting who's fighting - there was no way I could give that fight to Broner. He simply wasn't active enough. Sure he seemed composed and unaffected by what Paulie did but Broner simply didn't do enough to claim a victory, he just wasn't active enough and it's much more noticeable when contrasted against Paulie's high volume.

Comment

Well Broner didn't even have to go in & fight like the challenger... It was Paulie that fought that way. If it's close witch it was it should have gone to The champ Paulie . Broner should have lost a pint or 2 IMO. Paulie had a much higher work rate. I had it 7-5 Paulie based on his work rate, but it could have gone either way.

Comment

I had Boner by a point or two, not much in it, but I thought he deserved the nod. It was a bit of an arrogant cherrypick that backfired a little, but he still jumped up two divisions and grabbed a belt, so fair play to him. The fight proved he is not ready for the top welters yet.

Comment

Fuck off back to your cave.

Even your mum thinks you're a dumbass.

Comment

I don't like Adriens attitude and I can't wait for the day he gets beat up but I'm not going to sit here and act like he didn't win the fight.

Comment

I thought it was a clear but close Broner win. Not sure how you'd score it for Paulie.

Comment

I voted that Broner won the fight.He didn't look good and he was not impressive but I think he deserved the win. He never came close to getting the KO he promised but I thought he was the clear winner of a closer than expected fight.

Comment

Round by round I scored it a draw. No complaints about a close Broner win.

Comment

Based on the fight, it's hard to not feel like Paulie won...I understand more goes into scoring a bout like that, Paulie only had one path to the W which was a KO and everyone knew he didn't have the pop to do that.

Still, he seemed busier and never seemed hurt bad enough to give Broner style points, Broner was also alot more hittable than he had ever seemed.

I am a Broner fan, but I can't give him the fight based on what he might be...just felt like he threw way less punches and was on defense for most of the fight. When Floyd appears to be on defense many claim he is scared or running but in this instance they act as though Broner used defense as a way to win on points, yet what hit alot and couldn't get into a steady rhythm.

Broner got the nod, but a re-match isn't out of line to me.
                    Last edited by j.one; 07-30-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X