• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Quarry talks about his carrere a lil bit

also for laughs and chuckles

one of my favorite all time fighters who was as tough as teak

Comment

I remember he was part of the commentary team for one of Foreman's post-Ali comeback fights and came across as lucid and intelligent. It's a tragedy how he ended up, and how he was allowed to end up that way. He should never have fought again after Norton.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post

good stuff

could you write down what Quarry answers back when the interviewer asks him why he never became champion, I can't figure out all of the words

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
          I remember he was part of the commentary team for one of Foreman's post-Ali comeback fights and came across as lucid and intelligent. It's a tragedy how he ended up, and how he was allowed to end up that way. He should never have fought again after Norton.

I think Quarry would have been an excellent boxing commentator. Judging from what I have seen of him on you tube showing his commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post

105 amateur fights by the time he was 16. Wow. That's a lot of rounds and sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
              Yeah, he did the commentary for Foreman-Ledoux.

Comment

Originally posted by BatteredKessler View Post
                good stuff

could you write down what Quarry answers back when the interviewer asks him why he never became champion, I can't figure out all of the words

thanks
                "Well I summarize my entire boxing career in one paragraph, I say, Boxing is a cruel and vicious sport, the more cruel it becomes the more people enjoy it but I'm not an animal, I guess that's why I never became."
                Last edited by NChristo; 11-10-2010, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                  "Well I summarize my entire boxing career in one paragraph, I say, Boxing is a cruel and vicious sport, the more cruel it becomes the more people enjoy it but I'm not an animal I guess that's why I never became."
                  thank you

not sure what he means by that though, strange statement since it was in response as to why he never became champ

Comment

Originally posted by BatteredKessler View Post
                    thank you

not sure what he means by that though, strange statement since it was in response as to why he never became champ
                    LOL Yeah that's'the last thing I expected him to say.

Comment

Working...
                    X