Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN will cover "Mayweather Jr. tirade" in a bit..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tredh View Post
    They were crying before he got elected. Damn can you imagine how they felt the things said when Obama got elected.

Can someone please explain to me what some people mean when they say they America to go back to its glorious past? I mean hell less than 50 years ago black people couldn't even drink at the same water fountain as white people and ride at the front of the bus.
    Ok, yea, its the same one. Been awhile since I seen it, but I do remember ole boys crying. It was funny and pathetic all at once.

But you know what they mean when they say that. They wish they could just push minorities around with no repercussions. I see thread posters in my local online paper say it all the time. "I wish it was like my daddys day".

Comment

They were crying before he got elected. Damn can you imagine how they felt the things said when Obama got elected.

Can someone please explain to me what some people mean when they say they America to go back to its glorious past? I mean hell less than 50 years ago black people couldn't even drink at the same water fountain as white people and ride at the front of the bus.
      those ignorant middle america white dudes were crying their asses off. what's sad is that they actually feel there's a difference between bush and obama.

Comment

Basically what you just said is that no matter how many times the majority of black people stand up and denounce Sharpton and Jackson since that is who TV executives want what they say matter for black people. Can't you see how ****ed up that looks and sounds?
        majority?

i see more black ppl supporting them as opposed to denouncing them.

sharpton is just president obama's ambassador to the black community.

now why would the president appoint an ambassador that has little or no support to the demographic in question?

actually, lemme rephrase that...

do you know more than the president?

Comment

Originally posted by Blooper View Post
          majority?

i see more black ppl supporting them as opposed to denouncing them.
          sharpton is just president obama's ambassador to the black community.

now why would the president appoint an ambassador that has little or no support to the demographic in question?

actually, lemme rephrase that...

do you know more than the president?
          Proof of the bold please. Like I said more black people clown Sharpton than respect him. Obama is no dummy why not hire one of your critics and make him a puppet. Strange that once Sharpton get a job from Obama he no longer critcizes Obama.

Now in Washington, D.C. which has a population of 600K of which as of 2009 54% are black yet all the amount of people Sharpton could draw to his 2010 March on Washington rally estimated at 5,000 people. Yeah Sharpton really has a lot support!!!!

Comment

Didn't watch the stream; did Mayweather say anything about wanting to fight Pacquiao?

Comment

Proof of the bold please. Like I said more black people clown Sharpton than respect him. Obama is no dummy why not hire one of your critics and make him a puppet. Strange that once Sharpton get a job from Obama he no longer critcizes Obama.

Now in Washington, D.C. which has a population of 600K of which as of 2009 54% are black yet all the amount of people Sharpton could draw to his 2010 March on Washington rally estimated at 5,000 people. Yeah Sharpton really has a lot support!!!!
              The proof is the fact that Obama appointed him to that role.

Obama is no dummy.

And with regards to the part about Obama appointing him to silence a critic, that's all heresay.

Follow your own advise and prove to us that Obama did what you accuse him of doing.

Comment

Put it like this if Chad Ochocino did the same **** Ben Rothlisberger did at the same time ESPN would have covered Ochocinco way more because of ratings and skin color. ESPN is like a sports tabloid magazine they are not that credible when it comes to certain things.

Complete bull**** you are trippin with that ****. Where are you from to say some fake **** like that. That R. Kelly setape was bottlegged and sold on the streets like CD's and mixtapes. GTFOH with no tape.

Look at the Ron Artest incident and how it was portrayed as some out of control young black men who ran into the stands for no reason. A white man threw a drink on him not one time did a ESPN analyst say that the white man wrong for throwing that drink. Now why do you think that is? Truth of the matter is that no matter what color anybody is no man should throw a drink on another man and except that man not to do something about it.

Between Barry Bonds, Mark McGuwire and Roger Clemens who steriod story ran more, longer and was more vilified? If you answer honestly it would be Barry Bonds and why do you think ESPN did that? Clemens and McGuwire are just as famous espcially Clemens and they both were loved more by the American people. So why show Bonds more?
                You're completely wrong about the Ron Artest incident. They absolutely crucified the fan who threw the drink, and by the way the first fan Artest attacked was not the fan who threw the drink. ESPN and it's commentators are constantly harping on fans who get drunk and do stupid things.

Clemens is in the middle of being vilified to a level Bonds didn't, and his story isn't even halfway done. McGwire hasn't been that bad, but that's more because he stays out of the media and says nothing, so they have nothing to cover. Bonds was breaking the home run record while all his suspicions were coming out, that's why it was such a long process with him.

Are you kidding trying to pretend Roethlisberger hasn't been heavily criticized? He's been covered and criticized as much if not more than Pacman Jones, who has way more incidents than Roethlisberger ever has.

I don't know where people are getting this idea that ESPN is harsher to black athletes than white athletes, that's insane. They're barely talking about Floyd's rant, they're talking about Roethlisberger more than Floyd, and Roethlisberger's crap is over.

Comment

Working...
                X