No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sonny Bill Williams-Francois Botha Set For Nov. 24

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sonny Bill Williams-Francois Botha Set For Nov. 24

New Zealand heavyweight boxing champion Sonny Bill Williams' next fight has been confirmed for Brisbane next month against South African veteran Francois Botha.

Fight promoters announced World Cup-winning All Black Williams will fight Botha on November 24.

Williams, who is currently playing for Japanese rugby club Panasonic Wild Knights, last fought in February when he scored a TKO victory over American Clarence Tillman III in Hamilton to secure the vacant national belt.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Didn't Botha somewhat recently pull a Glen Johnson?

Comment

Hope Botha has enough left to knock Sonny Bill Williams out or at least beat him.

Comment

Fighting Botha is a step up for Sonny Bill, I think this fight may let him decide if he wants to take Boxing more seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          Hope Botha has enough left to knock Sonny Bill Williams out or at least beat him.
          Why is that? Sonny Bill is humble.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
            Why is that? Sonny Bill is humble.
            I want him to stick to his own sport. I am also tired of seeing 40 year old has-beens being legitimized by prospects.

Comment

Sonny Bill in only his 6th fight with no amateur experience is taking on a challenge far more deadlier than the likes of Wilder have ever taken.

Old or not, Botha will test Williams.

Comment

My guess is SBW will KO Botha in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
                  Fighting Botha is a step up for Sonny Bill, I think this fight may let him decide if he wants to take Boxing more seriously.
                  agreed. This is a step up but anything would be after the last few. I hope a win makes him want to take boxing on full time. Id be intrigued to see what he can do with some more experience. Lord knows he has the physique and work ethic to go places.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    I want him to stick to his own sport. I am also tired of seeing 40 year old has-beens being legitimized by prospects.
                    Ok but Sonny Bill is still taking a harder fight than most other prospects would, sure he's a much better athlete than a lot of other Boxers but still he should get some respect for taking the fight. I think he wants to see how he goes, he might try to do what Mundine did as you may know they are friends.

Originally posted by dan649 View Post
                    agreed. This is a step up but anything would be after the last few. I hope a win makes him want to take boxing on full time. Id be intrigued to see what he can do with some more experience. Lord knows he has the physique and work ethic to go places.
                    Good points made I think Sonny Bill still has time to do things but he'll have to focus on just Boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X