Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used VKR Power Tower for dips?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used VKR Power Tower for dips?

Has anyone used VKR Power Tower for dips? Or any dip machine similar to this? How is it?

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/vkr-powe.../6000064578624

It is pretty expensive (I said I was in poverty & my family is dead poor). This price dents me pretty badly, so I was wondering whether I should buy it or not. Someone suggested me to use chairs for dips, but I tried it before he told me (someone else also suggested that), but I can't quite do it with the chairs. Some of my chairs have the backs kind of diagonally leaning back instead of straight up. The other chairs that have straight backs, they are too light and they wobble too much and even get flipped over while I lift up or down. Hard to focus the balance. Not sure if that gives a better workout or not, but I would rather do dips in a more solid station.

Probably better for me to join a bodybuilding forum instead of asking at a boxing forum's training & nutrition subsection, but I didn't want to bother registering to another website. Besides, I am 90% sure to buy this anyway regardless of someone having high or low view on this machine.

The upside is that I am in the middle of weight loss right now, and I have no stamina. Push up uses more stamina (which I don't have during the weight loss with eating like 100 calories per day) than muscles, so dips actually can gain me more muscles than push ups as my muscles get tired faster than my stamina runs out. Also, I tried push ups "correctly" and didn't like it, so I would rather do dips (there is no "correct" way of doing it, you just bend the elbows 90 degrees without bending further). Also, one of my boxing coaches when I had attended gyms spoke of dips higher than push ups. You have no idea how out of stamina it feels to eat 100 calories per day & to have lost weight from 82kg to 60kg.

I think I will aim doing 50 dips at once because this guy seems to be in a little better shape than Gennady Golovkin, & he does 50 dips (so, Golovkin probably can't do 50 dips). I also want a pull up bar, but I don't have the money nor a room to install such. I think I will ignore push ups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpLQaeQbHhM

It helps to see "someone who looks like what" does "how many what" so that I know how many I should do to look like that or to last 10 rounds punching (& to knock out someone with 1 clean heavy shot at the liver).

For the record, that's how I used to do push up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEnnCNecwgY

My chest doesn't touch the floor, and I don't straighten arms 100%. Thought that was good enough though. Anyway, I am switching to dips. Whatever the fuss is about "correct" push up, none of my business. I am doing dips instead of push ups now.
    Last edited by wilberbear; 09-10-2015, 01:38 PM.

Originally posted by wilberbear View Post
    Has anyone used VKR Power Tower for dips? Or any dip machine similar to this? How is it?

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/vkr-powe.../6000064578624

It is pretty expensive (I said I was in poverty & my family is dead poor). This price dents me pretty badly, so I was wondering whether I should buy it or not. Someone suggested me to use chairs for dips, but I tried it before he told me (someone else also suggested that), but I can't quite do it with the chairs. Some of my chairs have the backs kind of diagonally leaning back instead of straight up. The other chairs that have straight backs, they are too light and they wobble too much and even get flipped over while I lift up or down. Hard to focus the balance. Not sure if that gives a better workout or not, but I would rather do dips in a more solid station.

Probably better for me to join a bodybuilding forum instead of asking at a boxing forum's training & nutrition subsection, but I didn't want to bother registering to another website. Besides, I am 90% sure to buy this anyway regardless of someone having high or low view on this machine.

The upside is that I am in the middle of weight loss right now, and I have no stamina. Push up uses more stamina (which I don't have during the weight loss with eating like 100 calories per day) than muscles, so dips actually can gain me more muscles than push ups as my muscles get tired faster than my stamina runs out. Also, I tried push ups "correctly" and didn't like it, so I would rather do dips (there is no "correct" way of doing it, you just bend the elbows 90 degrees without bending further). Also, one of my boxing coaches when I had attended gyms spoke of dips higher than push ups.
    Are you being a dick deliberately?

Comment

Yes, that's apparently why I am saying or asking things sooooooo far out of "training & nutrition" forum.

Comment

I think you should just go to Bodybuilding . com instead of a boxing forum... We are trying to give you a answer, but it doesn't seem to be working. And you don't really want to workout like a boxer and just want to be mediocre. Bodybuilding . com would be able to give you a better answer for training and nutrition for whatever you're trying to achieve..

Also 100 calories a day is no where near healthy, its actually dangerous.

Comment

That was the only way I could lose weight from 82kg to 60kg (also why I couldn't do the "push as hard as you can" stuffs). Still gotta lose 5kg more. Then I am going to increase my workload to be as fit as an average boxer. It takes a lot of diet efforts & no stamina status to go from here youtube.com/watch?v=ifW6W73uUHM to here youtube.com/watch?v=xHV5m8fyRS8. I suppose my questions are better fit for regular bodybuilders than "boxers in training". It is just that my diet & exercises revolve around boxing. That was the only reason I joined this forum (you can notice that I never talk outside the training & nutrition forum).

It is not really literally 100 calories but more like 1/6 of the portion other people eat in a day (like 0.5 meal vs 3 meals). Like a day ago, I had 2 bananas & half a chocolate bar with like 2 dozen peanuts for the whole day. Have been eating like that for a whole year & still do although I take breaks from diet every now and then.
          Last edited by wilberbear; 09-10-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

That was the only way I could lose weight from 82kg to 60kg (also why I couldn't do the "push as hard as you can" stuffs). Still gotta lose 5kg more. Then I am going to increase my workload to be as fit as an average boxer. It takes a lot of diet efforts & no stamina status to go from here youtube.com/watch?v=ifW6W73uUHM to here youtube.com/watch?v=xHV5m8fyRS8. I suppose my questions are better fit for regular bodybuilders than "boxers in training". It is just that my diet & exercises revolve around boxing. That was the only reason I joined this forum (you can notice that I never talk outside the training & nutrition forum).

It is not really literally 100 calories but more like 1/6 of the portion other people eat in a day (like 0.5 meal vs 3 meals). Like a day ago, I had 2 bananas & half a chocolate bar with like 2 dozen peanuts for the whole day. Have been eating like that for a whole year & still do although I take breaks from diet every now and then.
            Dude...you're going to be dead in like a year from now.

Comment

I get dizzy & lightsighted (like my vision becomes blurry with light) often, but not dead yet apparently. I just have to diet 2 more months. Then I am done with diet but only going with the workouts (50 dips and so on). As I said, diet also takes efforts.

Comment

Very inexpensive solution...especially if you can find it on craigslist 2nd hand. The dipping bars hook and unhook in a second to a doorway chinup bar.

Comment

My family is a family of 4 (2 parents & 1 brother). We have 2 rooms. So, I can't really install such on someone else's doorway. Also, might move out soon, so we can't really drill something into the wall. Besides, already bought it. It's coming on October 5th. I will see if I can cancel the order and see if there is something good on craigslist, preferably something that can do both chin up and dips. Liking that one at the moment. http://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/spo/5162197067.html

Unfortunately, where I live, $190 is the cheapest one on craigslist. However, considering the purchase tax, this saves me like 50 bucks (Canada charges heavier than USA for purchase tax). http://toronto.craigslist.ca/search/...easc&query=dip

Found another website that has a cheaper one. http://www.kijiji.ca/v-exercise-equi...dip/1073733626 Looks kind of small though. Looks like it's gonna wobble.
                  Last edited by wilberbear; 09-11-2015, 10:46 AM.

Comment

My family is a family of 4 (2 parents & 1 brother). We have 2 rooms. So, I can't really install such on someone else's doorway. Also, might move out soon, so we can't really drill something into the wall. Besides, already bought it. It's coming on October 5th. I will see if I can cancel the order and see if there is something good on craigslist, preferably something that can do both chin up and dips. Liking that one at the moment. http://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/spo/5162197067.html

Unfortunately, where I live, $190 is the cheapest one on craigslist. However, considering the purchase tax, this saves me like 50 bucks (Canada charges heavier than USA for purchase tax). http://toronto.craigslist.ca/search/...easc&query=dip

Found another website that has a cheaper one. http://www.kijiji.ca/v-exercise-equi...dip/1073733626 Looks kind of small though. Looks like it's gonna wobble.
                    You don't drill it...it hooks on and off in a second...no screws/not permanently fixed in place. I have the top chinning bar portion. You use it and then put it away when your finished. It supports 300 lbs. You can get each part for $10-20 on Craigslist. But good luck with your purchase.

Comment

Working...
                    X