Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regardless of How you Feel About his Style, Erislandy Lara Should Have been the 9/12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
    Porter vs Thurman is long overdue. They turned down the fight because they wanted a guarantee to fight Floyd after. He hasn't held up his end of the deal. His best win is Devon Alexander.
    What has Lara done?

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
      What has Lara done?
      Actually took risks. Each of these coward welterweights would have numerous losses if they fought Lara's resume.

Comment

Actually took risks. Each of these coward welterweights would have numerous losses if they fought Lara's resume.
        I'm with you on thurman,Brook and khan they have dancing around each other for the past year. I just think credit should be given to Porter for going down to 144 taking that risk with the weight and winning the fight against broner. I would have been fine with Lara also, I just think a Porter fight made a lot of sense with that win over broner on network TV.

Comment

Floyd out of his comfort zone at 154 for his finale , not gonna happen.I Like Lara but he really hurt his stock with a lackluster effort in the Canelo fight

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
            I'm with you on thurman,Brook and khan they have dancing around each other for the past year. I just think credit should be given to Porter for going down to 144 taking that risk with the weight and winning the fight against broner. I would have been fine with Lara also, I just think a Porter fight made a lot of sense with that win over broner on network TV.
            I wouldn't mind Porter. But Lara has fought much better fighters, IMO. It's not really close.

Comment

I wouldn't mind Porter. But Lara has fought much better fighters, IMO. It's not really close.
              I like Lara I wish he could get another big fight hopefully al gets him something decent soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SOPH~ REP. View Post
                Floyd out of his comfort zone at 154 for his finale , not gonna happen.I Like Lara but he really hurt his stock with a lackluster effort in the Canelo fight
                Leonard, Duran, Robinson,l and Whitaker would fight Lara at 154. No doubt in my mind. It's what TBE candidates do. It's in their blood.

Comment

Floyd straight up doesn't fight fast technical boxers. He plays the waiting game with come forward punchers or picks em up when they're in less than optimal form.

There was even less chance of him fighting Lara than there was of him fighting Khan.

Comment

Honestly the whole he doesn't sell argument is thrown out the door one Mayweather fought Berto. It just seem like a convenient excuse to fight B grade fighters (ex. Maidana and Guerreroe.)

Lara should have gotten the call but I think Floyd isn't interested in fighting a boxer with a longer reach.

Comment

it would have been even worse than the one with berto, lara blew it with the canelo fight, he ain't getting anybody any time soon

Comment

Working...
                      X