Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keith Thurman vs. Erislandy Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keith can't throw without his feet planted and Lara would not give him the opportunity to get off combos like everyone else has. Frustrating fight to watch with Lara easily out pointing to win a decision.

Comment

I think Lara beats Thurman, too seasoned for Thurman right now. To beat Lara you can't box with him, you have to GO GET HIM just like Molina and Angulo did. If you sit back and try to box with him he will pick you apart.

Thurman is a Skilled Boxer/Puncher, not really a "Pressure Fighter". You want Lara in a good fights, put him in with somebody that is willing to hunt him down for 12 Rounds if he have to. That is why I'm a fan of GGG vs Lara, I think that will be a good fight because GGG will GO GET HIM!
      Last edited by sicko; 06-19-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Keith can't throw without his feet planted and Lara would not give him the opportunity to get off combos like everyone else has. Frustrating fight to watch with Lara easily out pointing to win a decision.
        Eh? Thurman can punch on his toes, he's at his best when on the backfoot, against aggressive fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          I think Lara beats Thurman, too seasoned for Thurman right now. To beat Lara you can't box with him, you have to GO GET HIM just like Molina and Angulo did. If you sit back and try to box with him he will pick you apart.

Thurman is a Skilled Boxer/Puncher, not really a "Pressure Fighter". You want Lara in a good fights, put him in with somebody that is willing to hunt him down for 12 Rounds if he have to. That is why I'm a fan of GGG vs Lara, I think that will be a good fight because GGG will GO GET HIM!
          I agree, GGG-Lara is a very reasonable fight that could be made... vs say Floyd-Lara, or GGG-ward/Floyd... Wish Lara could fight on HBO.

Comment

Lara wins a wide decision or late stoppage. Thurman is more vulnerable while on the front and I see him eating too many hard punches.

Comment

I think Thurman is a great fighter and a danger to all at 147 but he was nearly getting caught coming in against Ghost to the point were I was worried for him. I think Lara clips him with a counter left early and finishes it, don't forget Lara is bigger than Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                I feel like hes quick enough on his feet to trap Lara, corner him enough to put in some work. Lara has that nice 1,2 but he doesn't throw much after that. He becomes inactive and sometimes he can become stationary. Thurman could capitalize on these moments and possibly hurt Lara.
                This! I remember in the canelo fight they were both pretty much standing there within range for what seemed like far to long. Enough time for me to yell at my tv " What are you doing? Punch the **** in the face "
                Also sometimes in this type of fight getting wreckless can pay off!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  Eh? Thurman can punch on his toes, he's at his best when on the backfoot, against aggressive fighters.
                  Watch him, he's never a threat when he's moving. Keith likes to plant his feet. It'll be even more obvious when he faces a live boxer like Lara. I wish Keith would win, but he's not stylistically ready forLara.

Comment

Thurman KO.

Comment

Lara via ambien

Comment

Working...
                      X