Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WARQUEZ
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BafanaBafana

Only hours before the Gonzalez thread people were calling me an idiot for saying Donaire had a better resume and that both Rigo and Donaire more than likely beat him and should be ranked higher.

I don't think you're an idiot but in no shape or form would I put Donaire's resume over Mares but that's just my opinion. Just like it's my opinion that I think Rigo would get beaten senseless by Mares.

We agree to disagree it is what it is.
    I posted in the same thread Donaire arguably has the better few wins but Mares has the deeper body of work.

I dont know about beating Rigo senseless but stylistically he gives Rigo a much tougher and closer fight then Donarie. Donaire would probably be tougher then Rigo for Mares because hes a power counterpuncher kind of like Maquez. Donaire-Rigo was like Floyd-Marquez to me where a great heavier handed counter puncher was forced to be the aggressor against the more technical faster counter puncher.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
      I don't think you're an idiot but in no shape or form would I put Donaire's resume over Mares but that's just my opinion. Just like it's my opinion that I think Rigo would get beaten senseless by Mares.

We agree to disagree it is what it is.
      You need to lay off the hash!

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
        Mares was not a "hype job" like Matthysse. Even though Mares had just as good a resume, he wasn't getting anywhere near as many dickriders hyping him up and calling him the next Duran. The main reason Lucas was overhyped because he had such a high KO percentage.

I hope Mares can come back strong, with better defense. IMO he needed that loss to teach him to keep his hands up.
        TS got emotional...

Sounds like deeeeeep down, TS is starting to realize in the ring, shet happens and the hero sometimes gets KTFO.

Notice he makes NO mention of Garcia being called Hype for going 12 rounds with Judah or "Old ass Morales"

Stop crying TS, it bees that way.

Comment

I knew this clown with the Trout avatar would show up here calling a PROVEN CHAMPION a hypejob. Who does that?

This is what happens when you don't cherrypick and fight the best, you're bound to lose. Show some damn respect. Maybe Mares should've beaten Agbeko and Vic then fought people like Narvaez and Mathebula...

At least Mares had the balls to move up in weight and fight BIGGER people instead of fighting flyweights and walking broomsticks.

GTFO

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I hear ya. I didn't like when people called him a hype job. Discrediting his achievement. They do that all the time like when Donaire got beat by Rigondeaux. Started to make look like he was rubbish all along.

Comment

man can't believe ppl are caling mares a hyprjob he's won fights no one thought he would so he loses one fight to a guy he probably overlooked now he's a hypejob.

no one weas saying this sh** before gtfoh he's a great fighter who fights tough comp and deserves his p4p spot 5 is to high but he's was definitely top 10.

roger may is right most you dudes don't know shi** bout boxing

Comment

Working...
              X