Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman tells her story about the floods in South Carolina (tragic)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
    ****s crazy. I live in Charleston, SC. We got 24 inches of rain in like 2-3 days
    Originally posted by muthafuka View Post
    Me too. im heading up to Georgetown in the morning to our house on the river. That **** is caraaaazy Flooded up there!
    Man, hope you guys stay safe! I am in the Fort Mill area of SC, so we didn't get hit hard at all from the rains. Good luck guys!

Comment

****s crazy. I live in Charleston, SC. We got 24 inches of rain in like 2-3 days
      Me too. im heading up to Georgetown in the morning to our house on the river. That **** is caraaaazy Flooded up there!
      Originally posted by North Star View Post
      Man, hope you guys stay safe! I am in the Fort Mill area of SC, so we didn't get hit hard at all from the rains. Good luck guys!
      hope all of you and your families are ok. Ive been watching on TV and just can't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        hope all of you and your families are ok. Ive been watching on TV and just can't believe it.
        Thanks guys. Its pretty rough down here right now. This morning we drove up to Georgetown SC to try to secure our belongings from the rising Black River. Its horrible. Its like it wont end. There is nothing we can do but watch and wait and stay away from the water. I saw a truck floating down the river this morning...unreal

Comment

Thanks Dunn. It's crazy man! I am not even in the thick of it, but seeing the news everyday, it's kind of unreal. It's almost on the same scale as the Katrina disaster.

Comment

Dude I have a house on the river too up there haha! It's right on the north santee, I think it literally might get swept away.

Comment

Thanks fella's. Even though where I live, Mount Pleasant, (across the river from Charleston) got the most rain (24 inches) there has been little to no flooding. The runoff water almost simultaneously goes into the creeks and estuaries around us. Nothing has really flooded right where I live. Downtown Charleston though is historically built on low marshes and swamps. It floods in there when they tide gets high.....so with all this insane amount of rain it has flooded greatly. The problem is the Piedmont region or inland. All the water congregates in the lowest areas so things just get swept away.

Comment

Nothing else in her house was werf it.

Comment

Dude I have a house on the river too up there haha! It's right on the north santee, I think it literally might get swept away.
                  Bro i just got back my sh-it is flooded out bad. They say the Black River is supposed to crest tomorrow.
                  The Coast guard was flying around looking for a body in the river today. HWY 51 is under water and i had to kayak down my street on Francis Marion drive. Its insane. Everyone evacuated. I barley made it out.

Is your house okay on the santee? I wish i knew how to uplaod some pics from my phone.

Comment

Bro i just got back my sh-it is flooded out bad. They say the Black River is supposed to crest tomorrow.
                    The Coast guard was flying around looking for a body in the river today. HWY 51 is under water and i had to kayak down my street on Francis Marion drive. Its insane. Everyone evacuated. I barley made it out.

Is your house okay on the santee? I wish i knew how to uplaod some pics from my phone.
                    Yea I hope so. My dad was up there today and said it was alright but the water level hasn't finished rising. Santee cooper will be letting out an @ss of water this week. We've already had problems with santee cooper causing major water level problems. Luckily its my property we use for duck hunting and isn't my actual house. I'm thinking worst case scenario water level rises into the house and we have to replace furniture downstairs. Our house is about a 1/4 of a mile from the river. We have a really really long dock haha

Comment

Yea I hope so. My dad was up there today and said it was alright but the water level hasn't finished rising. Santee cooper will be letting out an @ss of water this week. We've already had problems with santee cooper causing major water level problems. Luckily its my property we use for duck hunting and isn't my actual house. I'm thinking worst case scenario water level rises into the house and we have to replace furniture downstairs. Our house is about a 1/4 of a mile from the river. We have a really really long dock haha
                      I went back up today. Black River is still rising. Black river is on its own. No relief. As of now its only one way on there now and thats Indian Hut rd. 14 mile dirt rd. My dad wont leave. refuses to. He wants to stay. He in no danger its just if something were to happen No rescue could get to him. we are on a big hill so thats helping the house. The dock is underwater. Calling for rain this weekend to.

Comment

Working...
                      X