Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Winky Wright-Peter Quillin in Play For Mayweather-Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Winky Wright-Peter Quillin in Play For Mayweather-Cotto

BoxingScene.com has been advised that a middleweight bout, between former champion/veteran Winky Wright (51-5-1, 25KOs) and up and coming unbeaten contender Peter Quillin (26-0, 20KOs), is being discussed for the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Miguel Cotto pay-per-view undercard on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Whips dazed. Seems he is fighting someone relevant after all.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Peter Quillin, possibly the most talented guy at MW besides Sergio. And I love Winky Wright, but he needs to stay home. Winky was already past it against Hopkins, a shell of himself against Williams, and Quillin would destroy at this stage. He hasn't fought in 3 years, just no, no, no. I love Winky Wright, very underrated and one of my favorites. But he needs to stay home.

Have Quillin fight Vanes, who could easily fight at 160.
      Last edited by 4Corners; 02-10-2012, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Oh snap.

No freaking way...........Brass balls on this dude.

Comment

Quillin will get a ton of exposure, but not the right type. I can already picture a boring fight going to the distance because of Winky going into his shell. Quillin won't get any credit.

Comment

Quillin should fight Vanes, a real test and a legit fight. Wright has been past it and not even good since 2007 and was a shell of himself against Williams 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Quillin will get a ton of exposure, but not the right type. I can already picture a boring fight going to the distance because of Winky going into his shell. Quillin won't get any credit.
              Quillin can get sloppy and throw a wide hook.

Winky might be able to find home for his straight right if has anything left.

Comment

i like both guys peter could be the future at middleweight. i think its a good step up for peter wit winky's defense he will make peter think and give him good exp. decent fight

Comment

This was unexpected, it's a good fight to get some exposure for Quillin with a name fighter but it might turn into a snoozer

Comment

Winky won't make it to the ring. Quillin needs to have a backup on standby.

Comment

Working...
                    X