I Like Pot-Shot Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Like Pot-Shot Fighters

Double post
    Last edited by Code Red; 06-18-2016, 08:19 PM.

I like that we have a variety of styles. I like action, but would get bored of constant slug fests. That's why I don't YouTube street fights like some of the goofs here. Technique and strategy mean something.

Comment

The more styles the better. As long as fighters are effective with them then it's all good.

Comment

Only pot shotters I dig are those who are aggresive, with KO power, fighters who try to go for the kill

David Haye, Thurman, those guys I can get behind

coward *****es who just do the minimum effort to win on points and always play safety first, who want to win a fight mostly using footwork and dont give a **** about the fans, those guys are a blight on the sport.

Im looking at you Rigo, Lara, and ofc, Duckweather

Comment

I think more boxers should try to learn other styles, even non boxing movements.

I got a buddy who is a great salsa dancer, and he can magically created and close distances with his female partners.

He does this thing called a cross body lead in salsa that is amazing. I can't explain it, it would be illegal in boxing, but if you got away with it once, it might be enough.

Also, too many boxers fighting the same way is boring. Fighting has so many dimensions that need to be studied.

Make your opponent do things that are outside of his standard tool box.

Manny could have made Floyd bring the fight to him in a few rounds, but he is best moving forward. Limited toolbox.

Rios has blood and guts in his tool box. But in a fight, we revert back to our strengths only. Only the greats can improvise.

Comment

We get it man you like fighters who pot shot

Comment

Working...
            X