Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will we ever see another ATG who fights at only one weight through his whole career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Poet

I think His Holiness was delivering one of his more light-hearted and playful Vatican epistoles and was not having a serious Opus Dei moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
      @Poet

I think His Holiness was delivering one of his more light-hearted and playful Vatican epistoles and was not having a serious Opus Dei moment.
      If you've seen of the crap His Cornholiness has posted in the past you might question whether he was being "light-hearted".

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
        Hey, rickshaw pulling is a hard job.
        So is rice patty picking :|
        Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 10-05-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          So is right patty picking :|
          But you have carry large people with rickshaws. Unless there's a weight limit on the side, which there likely isn't. Which in that case they probably aren't making the fight anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
            But you have carry large people with rickshaws. Unless there's a weight limit on the side, which there likely isn't. Which in that case they probably aren't making the fight anyway.
            Miraculous came from the invention of the wheel :|

Comment

Comment

I could be wrong about this but didnt ricardo lopez only fight at one weight

Comment

When Hagler fought in the amatuers 165lbs was Middleweight, 156lb was the junior division! I doubt that Hagler ever weighed outside 157 to 161 throughtout his entire career!

All the garbage weight classes have destroyed what little integrity that the weight classes ever had! The promoters and boxing federations use the extra classes to have more titled bouts that weaken the gene pool and boxing history has all these horrible "ex champions" that would be bad sparring partners in years gone bye!

Nothing wrong with being able to take on a bigger man but most great fighters that did that just put on a pound or two they let their talents take over to compete instead of packing on pounds that would actually hinder their performance! Sugar Ray defeated LaMotta at 151lbs, he took his time adding on the pounds to move to 160.
                  These days the supposed great fighters make others come down to their level! What a joke, it tells you that those "titles" are held by BS'ers!!!

If anyone thinks Mayweather mandating that a 154 title be fought at 152 is a good idea than you don't care much for the integrity either. Boxing has always been a cut throat business outside the ring but atleast your scales were close to even! Now "champions" call for their own weights, what a sham.
                  Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by dynomyte1444 View Post
                    I could be wrong about this but didnt ricardo lopez only fight at one weight
                    Finito moved up to Light Flyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      When Hagler fought in the amatuers 165lbs was Middleweight, 156lb was the junior division! I doubt that Hagler ever weighed outside 157 to 161 throughtout his entire career!

All the garbage weight classes have destroyed what little integrity that the weight classes ever had! The promoters and boxing federations use the extra classes to have more titled bouts that weaken the gene pool and boxing history has all these horrible "ex champions" that would be bad sparring partners in years gone bye!

Nothing wrong with being able to take on a bigger man but most great fighters that did that just put on a pound or two they let their talents take over to compete instead of packing on pounds that would actually hinder their performance! Sugar Ray defeated LaMotta at 151lbs, he took his time adding on the pounds to move to 160.
                      These days the supposed great fighters make others come down to their level! What a joke, it tells you that those "titles" are held by BS'ers!!!

If anyone thinks Mayweather mandating that a 154 title be fought at 152 is a good idea than you don't care much for the integrity either. Boxing has always been a cut throat business outside the ring but atleast your scales were close to even! Now "champions" call for their own weights, what a sham.
                      Ray.
                      I dont mind the extra weight classes, though I do agree that it does create champions out of fighters who never would become one.

What needs to go is the WBA/WBC/IBF/WBO alphabet soup bogus titles
                      1 recognized world champion per division ala ring magazine, the boxing media will refuse to refer to alphabet soup title bouts as "world championships" and alphabet soup title holders will be called "title holder" never champion

you only get credit for winning a world title in a division by capturing that recognized ring magazine esque title

finally, stop equating winning titles in X number of divisions today as compared to when Henry Armstrong fought
                      say that Armstrong won titles in 3 weight "tiers"
                      a fighter today can become a two tier champ by winning the recognized championship 2 weight classes above the weight he won his first recognized title at.
                      a fighter who starts at 130 becomes a 2 tier champ at 140 and a 3 tier champ at 154. No catch weights or alphabet soup titles count

Comment

Working...
                      X