No announcement yet.

Best baseball catch ever, video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
    Several of them have like Ebbets Field/Fenway distances on the sides, which tend to be symmetrical - around 300-330 feet to left and right fields, one of the reasons for Sadaharu Oh's legendary home run record.
    Yeah didn't Oh have over 800 or something. Also do you pay much attention to the Japanese League?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      An underrated catch was Manny Ramirez catching a deep fly ball but the speed he was running at made him keep running in to the wall so he climbed the wall and gave a high 5 to a fan. Lol he also doubles up the guy at first base.

LOL!!!! Typcial Manny Moment. It's why he's one of my favorite players.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
        Yeah didn't Oh have over 800 or something. Also do you pay much attention to the Japanese League?
        Not very much at all honestly. I think he had 868, will probably never be broken.

Comment

Several of them have like Ebbets Field/Fenway distances on the sides, which tend to be symmetrical - around 300-330 feet to left and right fields, one of the reasons for Sadaharu Oh's legendary home run record.
          Damn, we hit softballs that long from slow pitches.

Comment

Not very much at all honestly. I think he had 868, will probably never be broken.
            I figured maybe you did because I was wondering who the next Japanese star to come to the majors is gonna be. I know about Yu Darvish. That kids good, wonder if he'll be coming to the US and play.

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
            Damn, we hit softballs that long from slow pitches.
            I never could hit a softball that far really. Guess I never really tried much because im not into softball and the last time I tried was 10 yrs ago, but some people can mash softballs way far.

Comment

I never could hit a softball that far really. Guess I never really tried much because im not into softball and the last time I tried was 10 yrs ago, but some people can mash softballs way far.
              Me either. Lol it's an accomplishment if I can hit out of the infield. I swing as hard as possible, can't do anything with it. The times I got on bases were with infield hits because I was very very fast.

Same swings in baseball, I hit the ball far.

I was told though, that you're not supposed to swing hard at a softball?

Comment

I figured maybe you did because I was wondering who the next Japanese star to come to the majors is gonna be. I know about Yu Darvish. That kids good, wonder if he'll be coming to the US and play.

Canadians take their softball seriously man! lol. Honestly, there is a misconception that it's mainly a beer league type thing but a lot of failed baseball players (and you know who they are because their level of athleticism is absolutely amazing comparatively) out there and the equipment made nowadays can make even mediocre hitters hit bombs. Some of that bats are crazy with sweet spots a mile long.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Kreuk View Post
                  Me either. Lol it's an accomplishment if I can hit out of the infield. I swing as hard as possible, can't do anything with it. The times I got on bases were with infield hits because I was very very fast.

Actually you can swing as hard as you want it's just that the timing is different. Not to mention the different trajectory that the ball is traveling at.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Kreuk View Post

Yeah I just hit line drives because I used my baseball swing. The guys I knew that could hit it far used upper cut swings or slightly upper cutted. Plus I need the ball to be thrown hard to hit it far.

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
                    Canadians take their softball seriously man! lol. Honestly, there is a misconception that it's mainly a beer league type thing but a lot of failed baseball players (and you know who they are because their level of athleticism is absolutely amazing comparatively) out there and the equipment made nowadays can make even mediocre hitters hit bombs. Some of that bats are crazy with sweet spots a mile long.
                    Yeah I saw they won the World Cup of Softball beating the americans LOL!!. I know the technology in baseball bats has gotten better and Im sure the Softball ones are pretty good now. I just remembered back in the day the DeMarini bats were what my softball friends loved. Then they started making baseball bats and it's what I use now.

Comment

Yeah I just hit line drives because I used my baseball swing. The guys I knew that could hit it far used upper cut swings or slightly upper cutted. Plus I need the ball to be thrown hard to hit it far.

Yeah I saw they won the World Cup of Softball beating the americans LOL!!. I know the technology in baseball bats has gotten better and Im sure the Softball ones are pretty good now. I just remembered back in the day the DeMarini bats were what my softball friends loved. Then they started making baseball bats and it's what I use now.
                      DeMarini are the only bats that I will use. Especially the half/half ones. When you catch it with a deMarini it's a goner!

Comment

Working...
                      X