• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That hug didn't look like hatred to me

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

That hug didn't look like hatred to me
      This an a few other clips is exactly the reason why I created my thread. They seemed fine with each after retirement.

No way Joe is that good an actor. That was real.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
        This an a few other clips is exactly the reason why I created my thread. They seemed fine with each after retirement.

No way Joe is that good an actor. That was real.
        Even when they were fighting, they were in good mood.

Ali was usually clowning, pretty much never serious. He knew some of it would get to Frazier - and it would - and some times he took it a little too far (I'm talking before Manila now). But it was clear, and it's clear to me that even when they were fighting, Ali had more profound respect for Joe Frazier than any other fighter he fought.

Look at the Dick Cavett show for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Even when they were fighting, they were in good mood.

Ali was usually clowning, pretty much never serious. He knew some of it would get to Frazier - and it would - and some times he took it a little too far (I'm talking before Manila now). But it was clear, and it's clear to me that even when they were fighting, Ali had more profound respect for Joe Frazier than any other fighter he fought.

Look at the Dick Cavett show for instance.
          I wonder what the turning point was for Joe? He's on film, at his old age, laying into Ali. Maybe it was just that, his age, thought about the past a lot more and it revived a few emotions.

As we agreed in the other thread. Equals.

Without doubt he had mad respect for Joe. There are 2 fighters from what I've seen that Ali talks in a bright and happy light. Always lit up the room when they were mentioned around him. Joe Frazier and Henry Cooper.

That left hook from Cooper never left Ali.
          Last edited by Terrel; 06-08-2016, 01:47 AM.

Comment

It's difficult to say how he really felt about him and really only Frazier would have known deep down.

Comment

Of course they both had love and respect for each other. Frazier towards the end in an interview started to cry when talking about Ali and his health. Ali also went to Joe's funeral when he was barely able to move.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I believe it because I heard Joe Frazier say it numerous times you sarcastic jerk. Am I supposed to believe he is lying about his own feelings and only Foreman knows the truth? You are damn right I believe it. What reason would Frazier have to lie about it? I know I would hate anyone who treated me the way Ali treated Frazier.
                But thats the thing, you pick and choose the story that suits your point, i can show man videos like another member in this thread did that shows frazier cared for Ali. Your first post was just saying you believe it, without much back up. Ali treated Frazier maybe a little worse than he treated Foreman. But foreman got nothing but love for Ali, same with prob all his other opponents, Ali called Patterson uncle tom as well and they became close friends after. Its not like Ali was saying this randomly with resent, he said it to hype fights and joked about it. Evidence shows that Frazier cared for Ali deeply. It doesnt matter if you believe it or not. Cuz you choose what to read.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Well aren't you the rude new member of boxing scene. Anyone who disagrees with you gets called a troll loser or is trashed no matter how far fetched your story is.
                  New? Ive been here since 2013. Well i hope he was trolling cuz what he said made absolutely no sense.

Comment

My dad met Frazier a year or so before his death and he was still referring to him as Clay and laughing that he gave Ali the disease that eventually killed him.

And why not? This mans children were bullied and terrorised at school because of Ali.

Comment

Working...
                    X