No announcement yet.

It's funny when people hype 154 Cotto and dime on 154 Dzinziruk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's funny when people hype 154 Cotto and dime on 154 Dzinziruk

So Cotto goes two down with pretty violent knockout losses to Margarito and Pacquiao... in an effort to resurrect his career he moves up to 154 and beats an undefeated beltholder in Yuri Foreman.

Pretty good, right? I think so. Foreman earned his belt against a legit beltholder, but quite shot Daniel Santos. Cotto then follows it up with a win over Ricardo Mayorga, who has not won a big fight since 2003.

However, Dzinziruk won his title in 2005 from Daniel Santos, 5 years closer to his prime in dominating fashion. He had a few decent defenses, Sebastian Lujan, etc. and a solid win over Joel Julio.

So... who really has the better career at 154 up to this point? Quit with the knee jerk reactions to a loss, and stop writing people off just because they found someone that is better than him. Is the next guy Dzinziruk fights at 154 really going to be as good as Sergio Martinez? Doubt it...

This is Boxing Scene. What have you done for me lately. It's always worst the day after a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
      This is Boxing Scene. What have you done for me lately. It's always worst the day after a fight.
      That is true...

Martinez would spray a prime Marvin Hagler and Dzinziruk is a sitting duck for current day Yori Boy Campas. We all know it.

Comment

I told you your boy would get murked.

Comment

Who claimed that Miguel is the best at 154?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy****Hot View Post
            Who claimed that Miguel is the best at 154?
            No one, but I hear people defending Cotto's performance and his ability, and a ton of people are saying that Dzinziruk is nothing special and is a sitting duck to get wrecked soon at 154.

Comment

Well noone noteworthy has been interested in fighting Dzinzurik here so I guess make it easier for people to trash him having not seen more of him but at the same time the Cotto wins over Foreman and Mayorga are pretty thin excuses to hype him...so what can I say is boxingscene, you got some rational people here but many are extremists.

Comment

I am not saying that Cotto is the best at 154 but he is behind Martinez.
                Kermint Cintron at #1 at 154 is a joke, Margarito has not won a fight at 154, El Perro lost to Cintron and is MIA, Canelo??, Vanes?? Dzinziruk might be up there, he moved up and lost but Martinez is only fighting at 160 because he got better money there.

Edit
                Martinez is the best at 154-160

Comment

Working...
                X