Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter is good but he aint no beast so why do people think Thurman is ducking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter is good but he aint no beast so why do people think Thurman is ducking

He is a good fighter...nothing special...a little crude but a good athlete

He doesnt have great power, speed, or defense

I favor Thurman to beat him, even though the fight will be hotly contested and it wont be easy

He is tenacious and a hard worker and I give him a lot of respect.

I just dont see why someone would avoid him when we already have seen what his weaknesses are. He can be outjabbed, outboxed and outmaneuvered.

Thurman is a good fighter in his own right and has shown the desire to take over the divison. I dont think Thurman is ducking but if you are in acar accident, their are lingering affects and I for one, wont be going into a fight less than 100%

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

I favor Thurman to beat him, even though the fight will be hotly contested and it wont be easy

I just dont see why someone would avoid him when we already have seen what his weaknesses are. He can be outjabbed, outboxed and outmaneuvered.

Thurman is a good fighter in his own right and has shown the desire to take over the divison. I dont think Thurman is ducking but if you are in acar accident, their are lingering affects and I for one, wont be going into a fight less than 100%
    Poret is tough and he is a bulldog of a fighter, but i see your point. Broner had him down and hurt pretty bad. Brook controlled him with boxing. I see Thurmon weathering the early bull rushes and catching Porter alot with counters later in the fight. If he gets Porter in trouble he could finish him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
      Poret is tough and he is a bulldog of a fighter, but i see your point. Broner had him down and hurt pretty bad. Brook controlled him with boxing. I see Thurmon weathering the early bull rushes and catching Porter alot with counters later in the fight. If he gets Porter in trouble he could finish him.
      Porter would be a nightmare if he had more power, better techniwque or more speed

If Broner let his hands go, instead of give a bad Mayweather impression, he could have beat Porter. It was so upsetting watching a fighter capable of landing multiple punches just depend on one punch....counter left hook or check left hook

Porter will be tough for pure boxers or counter fighters with little power like Malignaggi or Alexander

Thurman is more a boxer puncher and is just athletic as Porter. Also he hits harder than Broner at 147.

Porter isnt just gonna walk through those shots when Thurman can improvise and counter going backwards and on the pivot,

Comment

When Soto Karus is the best you ever fought what is the public suppose to think ?

Comment

Never understood that either.

Comment

I just want to see them dance in the ring. I agree with a lot of what you say... I like both guys... But Porter is the little train that could, might could.. beat Thurman..

Comment

I'm a huge Thurman supporter, but perception is reality. This fight should of happened in Nov/Dec and from the outside looking in there is nothing that should get in the way of this fight getting made, outside of one of the fighters not wanting it. Given that the Porters were so vocal and Thurman essentially dropped off the radar it is'nt hard to see why people think Thurman was/is ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                When Soto Karus is the best you ever fought what is the public suppose to think ?
                come on bro...Soto Karass is not better than Collazo, Quintana, or Guerrero....who were all welterweight titleholders in their careers, repsectively

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                  I'm a huge Thurman supporter, but perception is reality. This fight should of happened in Nov/Dec and from the outside looking in there is nothing that should get in the way of this fight getting made, outside of one of the fighters not wanting it. Given that the Porters were so vocal and Thurman essentially dropped off the radar it is'nt hard to see why people think Thurman was/is ducking him.
                  Kenny Porter does the talking......Some boxing dad's are so friggin annoying. All the fights those PBC guys took longer than they wanted. Its part of boxing, doesnt mean a fighter is ducking

that term is so overused.

Comment

The truth is 95% of people on here are immature children and just look to call fighters duckers for the sake of it.

Thurman was calling Porter out 2 years ago when he won his IBF title off Alexander, Ken Porter said they aren't interested in the fight because it's not a big enough fight yet. And a few months ago, Thurman said, he's agreed to a Porter fight 3 times and the problem hasn't been from his end.

It's as clear as daylight, that both guys want this fight, otherwise they wouldn't agree to it. Especially with Haymon, you know he ain't gonna force his guys to take fights they don't want.

Apparently the fight is rescheduled and likely to happen in late May/early June

Comment

Working...
                    X