Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be honest, who really picked vernon forrest over shane mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be honest, who really picked vernon forrest over shane mosley?

I remember arguing with my brother years ago before the first fight that forrest would beatdown shane. He thought i was crazy as everyone was on the shane bandwagon in those days.
    I did
    16.67%
    I didn't
    66.67%
    I just started watching boxing a few years ago/recently
    16.67%

No one did.

Comment

Who thought Mayorga would beat Forrest....???? I sure didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Who thought Mayorga would beat Forrest....???? I sure didn't.
        Oh lord, you opened the door for certain people to hate.

Comment

I did. I predicted that Forrest would ko Shane during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            I did. I predicted that Forrest would ko Shane during that time.
            Lol i said he was gonna ko shane, but i was just being dramatic. I knew forrest would win though, jab was too much.

Comment

I felt he was being underestimated. I knew he would be the first real opponent Shane had faced at welterweight since he fought DLH. I also had to think about the fact that Forrest had beaten Shane in the amateurs. I still thought Shane would pull off the win yet I wasn't really surprised that he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton.Me. View Post
                I felt he was being underestimated. I knew he would be the first real opponent Shane had faced at welterweight since he fought DLH. I also had to think about the fact that Forrest had beaten Shane in the amateurs. I still thought Shane would pull off the win yet I wasn't really surprised that he lost.
                This. Shane skipped a class and the only real welter shane had fought was de la hoya. In the grand scheme of things I feel Shane is a better fighter, but that was his one guy who he'll never beat. Couldnt do it in the AMs, couldnt do it as a pro. Just a styles thing.

Comment

i didnt but because i didnt kno much of forrest back then, but after the first round i could tell he was gona pull the upset

but mayorga shocked me more when he beat forrest, that was crazy, seems like those boxing days are over, i dont kno how to explain but its different now

Comment

nobobdy. not with confidence.

Comment

Working...
                    X