No announcement yet.

Cotto To Vacate Belt If WBO Keeps Pushing For A Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
    I'm not arguing about the fact that it may have brought more money. But how could it have been a bigger legacy fight when Williams was ranked higher than Mosley at the time? No disrespect to Mosley, he's a great fighter too. But do you see of how he turned down a multi million dollar payday to get in the ring with Williams? It was $3 million to be exact. That's the same amount that he has to split down the middle with Berto. So don't say that Williams brings no money to the table. And I know that Margarito turned down the Cotto fight to get beat by Williams. But that's a moot point when Cotto went on to fight Margarito anyway when Margarito had yet to avenge his loss to Williams.
    Mosley was a bigger legacy fight. Williams best win at the time was Margarito and Mosley had beat De La Hoya twice and more fans knew who he was. So getting a HOF name like Mosley on his resume was the way to go. Cotto faced Margarito later on because it was a bigger money fight and Arum promotes both so it was easy to make.

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
      He never shuts up period.
      lol. Didn't you have me on ignore a few of days ago?

Comment

Who cares if Cotto wants to save his money by not paying the sanctioning fee since the majority seem to think the title's meaningless anyhow?

Comment

Originally posted by Animalistic 3.0 View Post
          lol. Didn't you have me on ignore a few of days ago?

Nope, I admit I was close to putting your lover Vab cause he kept bitching in PMs.

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
            Nope, I admit I was close to putting your lover Vab cause he kept bitching in PMs.
            I ask because I tried replying to one of your many dumb ass posts and it didn't let me.

Comment

Cotto is not his own boss. He is now a pawn in the top rank machine. arum knws the limitations of his fighters. U guys think his contract running out and him fighting clottey for his last bout was by coincidence? Nope!

Arum says its for the title so it is for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalistic 3.0 View Post
                I ask because I tried replying to one of your many dumb ass posts and it didn't let me.
                Why do you reply to "dumb ass posts" then?? Who's the real dumb ass?

Comment

Working...
                X