Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matty Johns scandal - thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even the politicians have been weighing into it. What a sorry saga this thing has become.

"Former sex discrimination commissioner Pru Goward also appealed for more information while speaking on TODAY, suggesting rape convictions could result..."

http://www.sbs.com.au/sport/blog/sin...-Matthew-Johns

The only morally corrupt behaviour is that of the media, failing to sufficiently investigate a story, which, sadly has resulted in the unfair vilification (and sacking) of an innocent man.

Comment

Anyone would have thought that he raped her by the way the Media have gone about it.

I would like to know the crime that he committed.

How the **** is Brett Stewart still playing he is actually up on a rape charge.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
        Anyone would have thought that he raped her by the way the Media have gone about it.

I would like to know the crime that he committed.

How the **** is Brett Stewart still playing he is actually up on a rape charge.
        Exactly.

How mind-boggling is this inconsistency?

Comment

Yup.. Agree with all youblokes. He's been made the scapegoat.. which is bull****.. consent is consent.. seven years later Matthew Johns has his life destroyed because a slut changes her mind after a week of bragging.

The thing I can't believe is David Gallop hanging Johns out to dry.. he basically carries the footy show these days.. and he's handled the situation as well as possible. Never found him to be particularly funny.. but he has a good read on the game and you can only respect how he's handled the situation

Comment

And another thing.. Ch9 are apparently ok with Andrew Johns getting done with disco biscuits over in England while he was employed by them.. but they aren't ok with Johns having consensual sex 7 years ago when still playing?

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
              And another thing.. Ch9 are apparently ok with Andrew Johns getting done with disco biscuits over in England while he was employed by them.. but they aren't ok with Johns having consensual sex 7 years ago when still playing?
              Yeah I agree. No one minds that Brett Stewart from Manly is up on a RAPE charge do they? NO.

Comment

I with Matty Johns on this issue. If he had done something wrong surely the New Zealand police would've charged him with something. But they didn't. I know it may have taken the lady 7 years to get the courage to go to the media but it happened 7 years ago! The lady needs to forget about the incident and get on with her life. It's already happened. No use sitting around and dwelling over it. Now Matty Johns career is over and his reputation is gone. And also now it comes out that she had sex with two rugby players the night before this incident.

No more Reg Ragen.
                Last edited by ???; 05-15-2009, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Yeah I agree. No one minds that Brett Stewart from Manly is up on a RAPE charge do they? NO.
                  Wasn't it a sexual assault charge. Not rape.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
                    Wasn't it a sexual assault charge. Not rape.
                    You are a tool.

Comment

You are a tool.
                      What for?

Comment

Working...
                      X