Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were one of the guys who though Lucas was World Class level...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
    I look at it like this. Take the top 5 guys at 140 and the top 5 at 147. Does he beat any ... ANY ... Of those guys if a belt was on the line? If the answer is no... Or "probably not". Then how can he be "Word Class" at the same time? Surely there's some sort of cut off when defining a "World Class" boxer... Everyone can't make the cut and I think Lucas falls short of that. Name a fighter who could lose as many times as he has in big spots,regardless of who YOU felt SHOULD HAVE won, and still be called "World Class" (one of the best in the world)? Name one....
    He knocked out one of the 3 best 140 pounders in 3 rounds.

Are you absolutely insane or just so hell bent on hating Lucas Matthysse that you don't care how stupid you sound?

Comment

I look at it like this. Take the top 5 guys at 140 and the top 5 at 147. Does he beat any ... ANY ... Of those guys if a belt was on the line? If the answer is no... Or "probably not". Then how can he be "Word Class" at the same time? Surely there's some sort of cut off when defining a "World Class" boxer... Everyone can't make the cut and I think Lucas falls short of that. Name a fighter who could lose as many times as he has in big spots,regardless of who YOU felt SHOULD HAVE won, and still be called "World Class" (one of the best in the world)? Name one....
      He could quite easily beat Broner or Cuenca who I believe has the IBF Belt at 140 now? He already KTFO Peterson who had it before.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Garcia and Postol clearly aren't world class. They've never beaten anyone world class according to the standards everyone arguing against Matthysse are using. Bradley, Thurman, Lara, Alvarez, no one is world class.
        Garcia beat a world class fighter in Khan and Judah (who beat Mathysse)

Maidana in Broner

Bradley over Pacquiao and Alexander (who beat Mathysse)

And Lucas has got that Mike Dallas Jr. win to hand his hat on.

Comment

Who gives a **** what he looks like? He beats world class fighters. He's one of the very, very best at his weight in the entire world. Most think he beat Judah by decision and damn near everyone thinks he beat Alexander. He just beat Ruslan by decision this year quite comfortably. Of course he can win by decision.

What, looking pretty is more important than who the **** you beat now? This is insanity. Everything about this argument is plain ridiculous.
          Its not about style points, its about what he lacks. Its not how pretty he looks, its what can he do besides punch.

I agree with your points about his holding his position for as long as he has But you can argue he is 1-4 against his best opponents-. devon, zab, Peterson, danny and postol.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-05-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            He could quite easily beat Broner or Cuenca who I believe has the IBF Belt at 140 now? He already KTFO Peterson who had it before.
            I doubt he beats Broner ... And that's saying a lot about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Dunn is desperately trying to get Adrien Broner over

Comparisons to Matthysse and Froch. The guy is working overtime for AB.
              dude, please go away. No one is trying to get Broner over. I told all of you Matts was going to lose to Postol the day the fight was announced.

I had danny over Matts to. Matts is just a power guy IMO. He gets credit for wins but he just isn't much IMO. I have been proven correct yet again with respect to him.

Broner is a lazy scrub. IMO he is better than Matts. I do not like Broner, I do not celebrate him.

This is about Matthysse, nothing more, nothing less.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-05-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I don't respect your opinion about the sport AT ALL! The fact that you couldn't see how flawed he was as a fighter tells me all I need to know in regards to your knowledge of the sport. How many times had he let the belt "slip away" ... Not even... Because he was usually losing the whole way in his championship fights... Then the guy quits against a guy who has about half the experience he does in these type fights! I knew he would lose so it bet against him but to take a knee and not get back up when's you supposedly have "fight ending power" and rabid fans that have stood behind you (not for long) for years ... And he quits? Lol.... GATEKEEPER!!!
                Hindsight is 20/20 and the haters on this site all have hindsight 20/20. You will not find a single person on this site who is willing to admit that, a few years ago, they said that Matthysse would KO Danny Garcia and them move up to welterweight and KO Mayweather. You will not find a single person who will admit that they claimed that both Garcia and Mayweather were afraid to fight Matthysse.

Matthysse's fans, just like Pacquaio's, are decreasing by the day on this site.

Comment

I doubt he beats Broner ... And that's saying a lot about him.
                  I doubted it before he lost to Postol but now that he lost, I see NSB thinks Lucas really beats Broner and Postol has become a "special" fighter.

NSB.....

Comment

He knocked out one of the 3 best 140 pounders in 3 rounds.

Are you absolutely insane or just so hell bent on hating Lucas Matthysse that you don't care how stupid you sound?
                    That's all he's done!... That's it... You know how many times that's happened in the history of the sport? A champion gets knocked out by a guy with good power and not much else... Peterson is the only guy he's ever BEAT worth mentioning. He came up short against everyone else

Comment

matthysse knocked peterson out when he was a top 3 jr WW coming off of a win over amir khan. he beat the hell out of him. that fight earned him the #1 contender spot to the lineage danny established when he knocked khan out.

did you watch boxing in '10, 11, 12?

be honest. becuse the answer to your question isn't a matter of opinion. it's a fact of which you'd be aware if you watched or knew boxing in those years.

Comment

Working...
                      X