No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trout vs. Dawson Early ESPN FNF Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trout vs. Dawson Early ESPN FNF Results

The televised opener got things off to an explosive start.

23-year old Egyptian Light Heavyweight Ahmed Albiale (6-0, 6 KO), 175, Miami, Florida, needed a single right hand to end the evening for 31-year old Dwayne Williams (5-4, 2 KO), 175, of Detroit Michigan. In the midst of an exchange, Elbiale connected flush to the temple to send Williams face first into the floor. Referee Pat Russell didn’t both to count, halting the bout at 1:51 of round one.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That was a heck of a fight.

Comment

Good win, if Austin Trout fights more often with that mindset he will climb back up. Dawson capitalized off trout's mistakes , gives him some homework for his next fight, good fight, good confidence gut check, good adjustments, good aggression.

Comment

Good fight. I think Trout really wanted to put on a show and that got him dropped twice. He has been down four times in his last three fights. He's gonna have to tighten up his defense because his future opponents will go after that chin. Outside of Round 3 a relatively easy fight for him, the talent gap between both fighters was too important.

A good night overall for Trout: the fight was entertaining and he's back in the win column.

Comment

Great scrap. Trout really showed his composure, expecially after 2 huge shots he took. Porbably the most exciting fight in his career. Great way to end fnf season.

Comment

Hey Teddy, why do you have to be such a fool? California has been in a 14 year drought, municipalities are turning the water off and you not only condone, but participate in that stupid water wasting, so called challenge. That's how stupid ideas get traction. Teddy, I'm going to water my lawn, wash my car, wash the dogs, rinse off the sidewalk challenge. Let me see you beat that. STUPID!

Comment

I real wasn't impressed by this fight. Trout had like a C class fighter in front of him that didn't throw hardly any punches. Even in the round that Trout got knocked down twice, the guy only threw like 5 punches. Trout never really went after him until the end of the fight. I just an not impressed when you have a fighter that really doesn't do much and the other fighter doesn't go in and take advantage of it.

I didn't think Canelo really won the fight with Trout, but if they were to have a rematch, I don't see Trout winning at all. I don't even see him beating Cotto in a rematch either.

Comment

Not sure why so many think it was a good fight. Dawson did nothing outside of the third round; it was generally like watching Trout work a heavy bag.

I also don't see how that was a good win for Trout. It would be one thing if he overcame adversity to beat a top fighter, but this is Daniel frickin Dawson we're talking about. That Trout had to overcome adversity is a sign that he didn't perform well, and he's looking increasingly shaky in my view.
                Last edited by Levity; 08-22-2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  Hey Teddy, why do you have to be such a fool? California has been in a 14 year drought, municipalities are turning the water off and you not only condone, but participate in that stupid water wasting, so called challenge. That's how stupid ideas get traction. Teddy, I'm going to water my lawn, wash my car, wash the dogs, rinse off the sidewalk challenge. Let me see you beat that. STUPID!
                  Be quiet...it's for ALS research and a GREAT, GREAT case. And how do you know he did it in California.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                    Be quiet...it's for ALS research and a GREAT, GREAT case. And how do you know he did it in California.
                    They were in Fairfield CA. one of the hardest hit areas, but you're right, what do I know. I'll wash my trailer too, now that I know it's for such a good cause. The whole idea is to raise money, not waste water.
                    Last edited by Corelone; 08-23-2014, 12:25 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Working...
                    X