No announcement yet.

stop saying that Dawson was drained last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    How much of DLH's career was 147 or below?
    Yes and he go down to fight Gatti and dont ha ve problem

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
      Yes and he go down to fight Gatti and dont ha ve problem
      He didn't go down in weight for Gatti he was at 147.

Comment

TS is ******ed.

The fact that he was drained isn't even a question.

Just look at the weigh in and fight night weight. Dawson Rehydrated almost 20 pounds.

As if dawson getting knocked out by a super middleweight who hasnt knocked anyone out since shelby pudwell wasnt evidence enough after taking as many right hands as he did against Glen The Road Warrior Johnson.

That said I take no credit away from Ward for being a hell of a fighter, and accepting dawson's challenge to fight him at 168.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 09-09-2012, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          The amount of punches Chad threw in those 10 rounds, a lot of other fighters would throw that much in 3-4 rounds. That was just as abnormal as a fighter can get. Chad was a ghost in there. But it was his fault.

It's one thing to say, "No excuses, Chad lost, he called out Ward", and it's another thing to just outright deny the possibility of Chad being weight drained.

You can agree to both, Chad might have been drained, but it wasn't Ward's fault.

It wasn't because he was tired that he threw so few punches though he simply couldn't catch Ward, Wards footwork is absolutely amazing I'm rewatching the fight as I type and Ward is moving and dodging Dawson's punches effortlessly not to mention Ward completely neutralized his jab after round 2. The only way Chad would win this fight was on the outside, Ward prevented this by batting Dawson's jab down and countering him, Dawson didn't know what to do.

Ward moves in and out just like Mayweather, I looks effortless.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
            TS is ******ed.

The fact that he was drained isn't even a question.

Just look at the weigh in and fight night weight. Dawson Rehydrated almost 20 pounds.

As if dawson getting knocked out by a super middleweight who hasnt knocked anyone out since shelby pudwell wasnt evidence enough after taking as many right hands as he did against Glen The Road Warrior Johnson.

That said I take no credit away from Ward for being a hell of a fighter, and accepting dawson's challenge to fight him at 168.

I think the KDs were due to Wards clean shots, all the KDs were right on the chin of Chad, right on it. A perfectly placed shot on the chin like that can drop anybody.

Comment

the weight certainly appeared to have an effect on dawson. it wasn't the deciding factor in the fight.

being drained of weight wouldnt have helped him to adjust tactically, a concept he hardly even flattered. he never got out of the way of the left hook. he was unable to tie ward up enough for him to keep from breaking dawson down with his free hand. and being weight drained is not what made him quit.

dawson isnt willing to do the things he needs to do to take it to the next level. it's not the first time anybody has gotten on dawson for not letting his hands go. he never fought at the right distance and pace after the first two rounds, after ward adjusted to his size and southpaw stance.

dawson's chin didn't appear to be what it was at 175. he's usually a pretty durable guy. but ward was teeing off on him by the end of the fight. he was landing big punches. these aren't flyweights. he wouldnt have stood up to that at any weight.

at 175 dawson still lacks the willingness to let his hands go and take the risks, and the ability to make the adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                It's obvious now that Dawson was no match for him at 175, just like Bute was no match before Froch made it clear for all. He should have just collected his second lineal belt one division up.
                rematch at 175 anyone? they might as well seeing as neither really has any interesting opponent in the pipeline

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  I think the KDs were due to Wards clean shots, all the KDs were right on the chin of Chad, right on it. A perfectly placed shot on the chin like that can drop anybody.
                  just stop .....

Dawson was weight drained....

I'm not hating on Ward, He's still the second best fighter on the Planet and the best super middleweight in the world, but dawson was ****ing drained

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                    rematch at 175 anyone? they might as well seeing as neither really has any interesting opponent in the pipeline
                    After a few more fights maybe, there's no interest at the moment.

Comment

Dawson weighed 185 pounds...... 185 pounds!

Comment

Working...
                      X