No announcement yet.

Very impressed with Groves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very impressed with Groves

Hadn't seen much of him prior to yesterday, I was surprised by how well he was moving in and out, he looked very slick in patches.

I thought the stoppage was an absolute joke, Froch is a lucky chap. I had Groves 6-2 ahead (Froch was winning the 9th round). Groves would've probably been robbed had it gone the distance anyway though, I mean look how close the judges had the fight on the scorecards.

I'd be surprised if that deluded dunce Froch ever calls out the P4P king again, not sure if he'd have the cheek to.

Groves has won over a new fan in me. Big props to the kid.
    Last edited by John Locke; 11-24-2013, 06:46 PM.

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
    Hadn't seen much of him prior to yesterday, I was surprised by how well he was moving in and out, he looked very slick in patches.

I thought the stoppage was an absolute joke, Froch is a lucky chap. I had Groves 6-2 ahead (Froch was winning the 9th round). Groves would've probably been robbed had it gone the distance anyway though, I mean look how close the judges had the fight on the scorecards.

I'd be surprised if that deluded dunce ever calls out the P4P king again, not sure if he'd have the cheek to.

Groves has won over a new fan in me. Big props to the kid.
    Thanks for the hundredth thread on this topic.

Comment

Groves was brilliant for 5 rounds, then his inexperience came out and he got dragged into a sugfest with a guy who's only advantage was his durability... Foolish

Groves needs to grow up a bit, because he's so talented but he's got a touch of the "judahs" and you can see him throwing fights away because he always wants to prove a point, he did it against Kenny Anderson too and was lucky Kenny gassed because he had Groves gone, and it was similar last night

Comment

I'd like to see Groves fight Kessler next. I know Kessler is past his best but Groves needs a big name on his resume and I'm sure Kessler would like to prove he's still got something left in him.

Comment

Working...
        X