No announcement yet.

Whats up with the Pirog hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with the Pirog hype?

Why is everyone so high on this guy, he has 19 fights, none over any notable opponents? What does this guy bring to the table that martinez is scared of? Is it only the martinez haters that are so hyped about pirog?

Im a Sergio fan. But he should fight Pirog. Its not even about hyping Pirog. But he is clearly the biggest threat in the division. He has a belt. And Sergio is being offered good money to fight him.

Unless he lands a Mayweather fight or something of that ilk, theres no excuse for not taking on Pirog now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Im a Sergio fan. But he should fight Pirog. Its not even about hyping Pirog. But he is clearly the biggest threat in the division. He has a belt. And Sergio is being offered good money to fight him.

Unless he lands a Mayweather fight or something of that ilk, theres no excuse for not taking on Pirog now.
      how much is he being offered?

Comment

this fight should happen

Comment

Originally posted by immortal tech View Post
          how much is he being offered?
          A career high purse apparently

Comment

Question to the TS: have you seen any of Pirog's fights? He's very solid fundamentally and he shows his opponents all kinds of different angles and is a pressure fighter. In other his style is unique and effective and fan friendly as well. I had my doubts about him but I watched his last fight and then I checked out a couple of his other fights and was impressed immediately. Also he's a confident and cocky fighter and has a certain swagger about him in the ring.

Comment

Because he gives Sergio nightmares

Comment

While I agree that Pirog looks a lot better than all the other middleweights, I won't buy into any hype until he actually tests himself with a top contender. Lemieux looked good too until he stepped up to Marco Antonio Rubio. And even though I think Pirog looks better than even Macklin, I rather see Macklin fight Martinez. I thought he clearly beat Felix Sturm so he passed his test and thus I approve. He deserves a shot. Pirog hasn't done squat ****. Until he goes to war with someone, it's impossible to know how good he really is.

Comment

Pirog and Barker are the same caliber of fighter. Martinez priorities should be Sturm and Chavez

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    Pirog and Barker are the same caliber of fighter. Martinez priorities should be Sturm and Chavez
                    In that case, Martinez will win against all of them. Sturm is **** + got a gift decision and Chavez is paper champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X