Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this will be a pretty easy fight for Peterson. I consider Matthysse a 1 gear fighter. I think we will see a different Peterson in this fight.

Before the Khan-Peterson fight, Peterson said his game plan was to outbox Khan but discovered that he wasn't as fast as he was so he switched up and started stalking.

I think we will see Peterson use this same game plan for Matthysse.

Comment

im almost positive peterson will have an easy night with lucas
      117-111 peterson

lucas can get lucky with power shots thts ab it

peterson will work his ass

see berto guerrero

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
        117-111 peterson

see berto guerrero
        how is that true?

I can understand people thinking Matthysse is overrated but you're in for a shock if you think he's a 'lucky power shot' kind of guy

Comment

So is this fight confirmed yet? I can't wait till Lucas beats the PEDs out of Peterson.

It kinda sucks that Danny Garcia will duck Lucas like the plague though.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery
            So is this fight confirmed yet? I can't wait till Lucas beats the PEDs out of Peterson.

It kinda sucks that Danny Garcia will duck Lucas like the plague though.
            Last I read on an article, Peoples (whoever that is) said they hadn't received anything from GBP about this fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

People still think Matthysse is a one dimensional guy and think a guy who has no movement (Peterson) will outbox let alone have an easy time with Lucas? Smh y'all crazy.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                117-111 peterson

see berto guerrero
                Lucky with power shots?!? Matthysse won by a counter right hand last fight. Same right hand he landed on Ajose at will. He has great timing and power. He's good fundamentally. People miss that.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                  I figured most people on this board would pick Matthysse considering how overhyped he is. I think Peterson would outbox Matthyse then the same people that`s hyping him up will say Matthysse is a bum.Matthyse is a good fighter,he`s just not as good as some people on this board hype him up to be.
                  It's not gonna be that simple. A big part of Peterson's game is infighting, he won't be able to stick and move for 12 rounds because that's just not him. Matthysse has the advantage in those inside exchanges as he has more power and shorter arms. I don't think Lamont is THAT much better of a boxer than Lucas is either.

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
                  I think this will be a pretty easy fight for Peterson. I consider Matthysse a 1 gear fighter. I think we will see a different Peterson in this fight.

Before the Khan-Peterson fight, Peterson said his game plan was to outbox Khan but discovered that he wasn't as fast as he was so he switched up and started stalking.

I think we will see Peterson use this same game plan for Matthysse.
                  It's gonna be hard for Peterson to stalk a guy who has more power than he does.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                    Lucky with power shots?!? Matthysse won by a counter right hand last fight. Same right hand he landed on Ajose at will. He has great timing and power. He's good fundamentally. People miss that.
                    Glad someone else picked up on that comment!

Comment

• It's very evenly matched.

I don't agree with those who consider Matthysse a good boxer, he is not in my opinion, but he does have other "virtues" than his mere power and chin. He is calm, patient, resilient and doesn't make many mistakes.

He's not the kind of guy who will ever impress you with skills, he is basic, but is solid and clever.

On the other hand Peterson is faster, has a better jab and better boxing skills. He has though a tendency to fight in a sort of "brawler mode", that could cost him very dearly.

Very good fight, either could win.
                      If forced to pick one I'd go with Matthysse for this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X