No announcement yet.

Kennedy and Lincoln

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    I didn't realize the Kennedy administration qualified as "the government".
    The Kennedy administration was responsible for how the nation was governed. That's what government means. A consultant comes to the government with an idea and the government says "no" means that the government were not prepared to do it. The idea could be Operation Northwoods (an unambiguously bad idea) or it could be the death penalty for mimes (an unambiguously good idea), the government, that is those whose job it is to govern, has the say on whether or not you should implement it.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      The Kennedy administration was responsible for how the nation was governed. That's what government means. A consultant comes to the government with an idea and the government says "no" means that the government were not prepared to do it. The idea could be Operation Northwoods (an unambiguously bad idea) or it could be the death penalty for mimes (an unambiguously good idea), the government, that is those whose job it is to govern, has the say on whether or not you should implement it.

I do agree with that. I'll also let the cia and all those other government agencies who came up with it be called whoever or whatever you want them to be called. I know they're government though.

Comment

Ok I was drunk when I made this thread and arrogant on my part in concluding Kennedy and Lincoln were the only US presidents to be assassinated. I admit I was wrong.

But the JFK assainsation is the most signifacnt of the latter. It changed the way the US was run SINCE November 1963

Kennedy wanted to disband the CIA and be fired Dulles. He was called at 3AM on the night of the Bay of Pigs invasion, asking to provide air support, which he denied. He wasn't aware of this plot until he was called for air support. I guess the School of the Americas isn't as sufficient as proposed huh?

Do I need to explain Vietnam?

Comment

Working...
        X