Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love to stir this pot up so tell me.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    I cant imagine Mayweather beating Hearns in any scenario. Hearns was nearly impossible to outbox, as shown in his performances againt Benitez, Hill and Leonard, and was a death trap against most stalking fighters, as shown in his fights against Cuevas and Duran.

to walk down Hearns you had to be exceptionally durable and one of the toughest ****ers around. Barkley and Hagler were able to do it, but people forget Barkley was getting murdered to the body and was badly cut within 2 rounds, and that Hearns broke his right hand on Haglers head, rocking and cutting him.

and Barkley was huge for a middleweight. the guy went on to have success at LHW and even close his career at HW with some stoppage wins, despite being pretty much shot and out of shape.
    I don't see Mayweather beating Hearns either. But I do see him beating Arguello for the same reasons you pointed out. At 130 Mayweather would have been a very tough match up for any 130 pound fighter in history and it would be hard to pick against him there. 147 is another story. That's not his best weight and I don't see him beating Hearns there.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
      Barkley ate devastating body shots from Hearns and kept coming forward to win, fought through nasty cuts to win, and would continue fighting through hailstorms of punishment even when he knew he was outgunned as shown in his fights with Toney and Nunn. I mean, this is a guy who was laughing in the 3rd or 4th round of his fight with Toney, and thats arguably Toney's most brutal display of his career. The guy was constantly in firefights, and did it for fun.

I have to admit, I never thought Id hear Barkley's toughness questioned. When have you ever had reason to doubt the guys tenacity?

and how exactly do you think that Floyd would not take punishment if hes trying to walk down Hearns...? His high guard style only goes so far, and if dont try to dig in with it(Floyd is always more methodical about it) then youre going to be outboxed and outfought like Benitez and Hill.
      Barkley is tough. No question. I just think it was physical toughness not mental fortitude. He was just the guy in the neighborhood no one really wanted to fight because he wouldnt quit. I say that as a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        Barkley is tough. No question. I just think it was physical toughness not mental fortitude. He was just the guy in the neighborhood no one really wanted to fight because he wouldnt quit. I say that as a compliment.
        wouldnt quit=mental toughness to me...but...Im pretty much done with this topic.
        I don't see Mayweather beating Hearns either. But I do see him beating Arguello for the same reasons you pointed out. At 130 Mayweather would have been a very tough match up for any 130 pound fighter in history and it would be hard to pick against him there. 147 is another story. That's not his best weight and I don't see him beating Hearns there.
        There are very few fighters who could have beaten Mayweather at 130lbs. Off the top of my head I only think I would pick Julio Cesar Chavez over him, but even then thats not exactly a guarentee.

Comment

Originally posted by Blah! View Post
          when has he ever started to run after getting clocked?
          if he's gonna run it's gonna be part of his gameplan
          and start from round one

from what i've seen, catching him usually gets him to move foward
          He started to run like a little b1tch after the first De La Hoya JAB landed ffs :floyd9:

You guys need to save ***** crap for NSB.....do your verbal fellating of Floyd over there.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            He started to run like a little b1tch after the first De La Hoya JAB landed ffs :floyd9:

You guys need to save ***** crap for NSB.....do your verbal fellating of Floyd over there.

Poet
            when was this? all i see is functional movement

and regarding the "*****" insult, first time i've been called that, despite usually being branded as a floyd hater

look, im not even saying i think floyd would win
            so there's no need to get your panties in a bunch

Comment

i like floyd as much as the next man but tommy hearns would retire him
              he's probably the last WW in history that mayweather could beat, or even fight and remain healthy.

tommy hearns would fold floyd like a napkin. they are a different class of WW.
              he'd keep him at the end of his punches and eventually drop the right hand. lights out.
              if he somehow remains upright he's not making it out of the round.

like jab said, tommy hearns is the last guy on earth you want to try and outbox given his dimensions and power

he can knock your jab down and put his right hand over it (and he's got the best right hand ever thrown at WW and nobody comes close)
              he's got a great jab of his own
              and he remained tall

given floyd's nature, i seriously doubt he would come back

tommy via kayo after maybe six rounds. real honest to goodness kayo. he'd pick up where shane left off and violently snap floyds head around till he went out.
              and floyd would announce his retirement after the fight

Comment

Poet
                He's been winning for 14 years so I think it qualifies as a part of history buddy. Ive seen you do a little fellating yourself.

Comment

He's been winning for 14 years so I think it qualifies as a part of history buddy.
                  Irrelivent. It's your abject nuthugging that belongs in NSB and out of here. NSB is for ignorant fan-bois like yourself.

Ive seen you do a little fellating yourself.
                  Oh please list the fighters you've seen me nuthug :hahahaha9: Was it the Ali who I personally dislike but point out as the Heavyweight GOAT? Or prehaps it's Frank Bruno who I've made no secret about the fact that I like but also who I point out was no where near a championship caliber fighter? Or maybe it was when I say Robinson was the p4p GOAT.....something the VAST majority of boxing historians (real ones, you know the type that publish books and **** aka peeps that know a **** load more about boxing than YOU do) agree with me on. Maybe it was those fighters? :rofl9:

Poet

Comment

Irrelivent. It's your abject nuthugging that belongs in NSB and out of here. NSB is for ignorant fan-bois like yourself.

Oh please list the fighters you've seen me nuthug :hahahaha9: Was it the Ali who I personally dislike but point out as the Heavyweight GOAT? Or prehaps it's Frank Bruno who I've made no secret about the fact that I like but also who I point out was no where near a championship caliber fighter? Or maybe it was when I say Robinson was the p4p GOAT.....something the VAST majority of boxing historians (real ones, you know the type that publish books and **** aka peeps that know a **** load more about boxing than YOU do) agree with me on. Maybe it was those fighters? :rofl9:

Poet
                    You really think you're some kind of genius history judge and jury? You admit this. As long as everybody agrees to jock the same guy its cool right. And anybody who defends Floyd against any great fighter before the year 1998 is not worthy of an opinion. If I said Hagler gives SRR a run for his money some would disagree but we could still have a sensible conversation. But If I were to say Floyd could win 4 rounds against Hearns its the ultimate sin? Can you just voluntarily ignore me from now on? And I'll do the same "Oh Great One"?LoL. Damn 12 year old kid.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      Hearns couldn't make the proper adjustments? The guy was NEVER outboxed and had a combination of speed, size and power that Floyd has never had to deal with. He's the worst possible match up for Floyd.

I agree with this somewhat. Hearns was a big dude so that is his number 1 advantage. Then his jab was fierce and his right straight was deadly. Basically I think he would follow ODLH's game plan but try to ice Floyd with the right hand more often.

The thing is, Floyd may be able to figure out such a linear game plan with relative ease(2-3rnds max). He figured ODLH's game plan but was never threatened so he let ODLH continue with jabbing at his shoulder.

With Hearns I think Floyd will watch for the right straight more so than lean agaisnt the ropes like he did with ODLH. Then probably slip into the angles and one-shot him like he did with Corrales(taller guy similarity).

So, end result imo is Hearns by shocking kayo if it's a 15er or Floyd by decision if it's a 12er.

Comment

Working...
                      X