Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor, Lacy, Berto and now Broner.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor, Lacy, Berto and now Broner.....

When will the American media hype machine learn to walk before it runs?
    I understand no one has a crystal ball and all you can do is make an educated guess about a fighters prospects. But come on!
    If anyone should be being backed as the future to the level these guys were it should be Andre ward and Rigo, say what you want about their less than crowd pleasing styles. The likelihood is though that they will be dominant for a the foreseeable future.

smh you just hate on slick fighters.

Comment

taylor did beat bernard hopkins though...twice.

Comment

IMO Taylor was str8 until he got with Stewart. his style wasn't right for Stew training and style that he taught.

Comment

Originally posted by Piper the Great View Post
          IMO Taylor was str8 until he got with Stewart. his style wasn't right for Stew training and style that he taught.
          I agree. How can you say Taylor was a hype job? He ended Hopkins MW reign, and was a damn good solid fighter who gave great fights. He had stamina issues down the road but imo he shouldn't have switched trainers....

Comment

Originally posted by Piper the Great View Post
            100% Correct :qqq:

Comment

yeah they screwed pat burns. i guess they weren't happy with his performances vs. hopkins. which is crazy really. he did good enough to win both times.

Comment

LOL at Taylor being a "hypejob". Do you guys actually watch the sport or nah?

Comment

Yeah, not real sure how you lump Taylor in there.

Comment

Adding Taylor to that list is disgusting. The guy fought 36 close rounds with Hopkins and Winky, beating Hopkins twice and Draw with WW and I had him beating Pavlik in the rematch 115-113. He also fought a very good fight with Froch for about 11 rounds and 2 minutes.

I could tell you this much about current Taylor, he gives young MW's of now like Rosado, Quillin and Love all they can handle and probably even a loss.

Can't say the same for Broner at WW.

Comment

Working...
                    X