No announcement yet.

For Those Who Voted For "12 Round Schooling" In PWILL/GoldenBoy360'S POLL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Those Who Voted For "12 Round Schooling" In PWILL/GoldenBoy360'S POLL

I voted "12 Round Schooling", but KO's can equally be impressive such as when the fighter is moving up in weight and ko's THE undisputed champ in 2 rounds.

But thats not what this thread is about. If you voted "12 round schooling, then you are most likely of the opinion that a win by skill, will, intelligence is much more impressive than just brute strength, force and power. I also share that opinion. To me, a fighter who uses his boxing ability to outsmart and outbox his opponent even if it's through 12 rounds is more impressive than someone just going in there and throwing, throwin, throwing until a KO's is reached.

So, as someone who shares this opinion, I've always felt that there should be a rubber match between Williams and Quintana.

Each fighter pretty much schooled each other in the best way they can. Quintana made Paul look like a novice amateur for 12 whole rounds and Williams knocked the ***** out of Quintana in ONE round.

Now this question is for those who chose "12 round schooling", If you feel what Quintana did was more impressive than what Williams did, do you feel a rubber match is needed to determine the better man of the two? Not who is the best fighter, but who has each other's number. I know Quintana did'nt school Williams for 12 whole rounds, but he did use his boxing ability to put a clinic on the physically gifted Williams.

What say you?

I don't want to make excuses but I do believe Paul had an off-night. I wouldn't mind a 3rd match. At 154, sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      I don't want to make excuses but I do believe Paul had an off-night. I wouldn't mind a 3rd match. At 154, sounds good to me.
      And that can't apply to Quintana??

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
        And that can't apply to Quintana??
        Quintana got caught with a good shot. It won't happen again, incase the rubber match went down.

Comment

A 3rd fight wasn't in high demand, but it was definitely reasonable. Why not since CQ wanted it and Pwill couldn't get nobody else to fight him? Istill wouldn't mind it, but both got a fight comin up now. Hopefully at 154 they do it up.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
            A 3rd fight wasn't in high demand, but it was definitely reasonable. Why not since CQ wanted it and Pwill couldn't get nobody else to fight him? Istill wouldn't mind it, but both got a fight comin up now. Hopefully at 154 they do it up.
            Yeah, I'm not saying they NEED to fight, I'm just asking if anyone would like to see a 3rd fight if they shared the same view as me or if they feel the business is done.

Comment

unfinished business..

they are 1-1 with each other..
              KOing your opponent who won a decision against you in just one round didn't even it in my book..

score is still even and need a fight between them to decide who is far superior..

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                Yeah, I'm not saying they NEED to fight, I'm just asking if anyone would like to see a 3rd fight if they shared the same view as me or if they feel the business is done.
                After or in lieu of the Pavlik fight, Pwill needs to go to JMW afterwards. If CQ has beaten Verno and Pwill ain't gettin a title shot there, I say make the fight. It'd make sense. But if both got other options, it ain't a must.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                  Very true. We wanted Paul vs Margarito 2 and Paul vs Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                    Very true. We wanted Paul vs Margarito 2 and Paul vs Cotto.
                    I was thinking, Margo's comeback is DEFO gonna make some noise. Wouldn't be a bad move on the William's camp to give him a rematch because it would be a watched fight. Whether Margarito would want any of it, who knows. I dont think he'll have many options open.

Comment

Working...
                    X