Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Joe Frazier really an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He beat Ali in their first fight and only lost by TKO to Foreman twice and Ali twice by decision. For his time he was a great heavyweight and by that definition he should be considered an all-time great just as Marciano was during his time in the 1950s.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
      Joe took Ali's 0 and the Thrilla in Manila is one of, if not THE greatest fight of all time. It was one of those fights where there was no 'loser' just a winner. And Foreman destroyed everyone, not just Joe. Ali beating Big George was one of the biggest upsets in Boxing History and a huge reason for why he is considered the greatest HW ever.

Frazier is a bonafide ATG HW.
      Thrilla in Manilla i still consider the greatest fight ever both men were dead after the fight both were put on stretchers because they collapsed,and Ali was not going to quit neither was Frazier but a courageous great man in Eddie Futch through in the towel knowing what the consequences were,i mean in all honesty he may have saved one if not both of their lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        Thrilla in Manilla i still consider the greatest fight ever both men were dead after the fight both were put on stretchers because they collapsed,and Ali was not going to quit neither was Frazier but a courageous great man in Eddie Futch through in the towel knowing what the consequences were,i mean in all honesty he may have saved one if not both of their lives.
        One thing is for sure, and that is neither men were the same after that fight.

Not as fighters, nor as humans.

Comment

• bbbb bump - let's keep this ATG thread going!

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            bbbb bump - let's keep this ATG thread going!
            Is this thread really an ATG?

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
              Is this thread really an ATG?
              Well for heavyweight discussions and banter - it is right up there!

Comment

Well for heavyweight discussions and banter - it is right up there!
                So what do you want to add?

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  So what do you want to add?
                  I think I've made my thoughts clear in this thread.

I do, however, want everyone else to get the chance to get in on this action as well.

I did ask the Klitschko fans for an educated response as to why Klitschko would rank higher than Frazier, but I am still waiting for said response.

Comment

I think I've made my thoughts clear in this thread.

I do, however, want everyone else to get the chance to get in on this action as well.

I did ask the Klitschko fans for an educated response as to why Klitschko would rank higher than Frazier, but I am still waiting for said response.
                    Do you think Lennox Lewis deserved to rank higher than Joe Frazier?

Wladimir Klitschko undoubtedly deserves to rank higher than Joe!
                    You can name opponents and say he's lost to this guy and that guy but fact is the guys Joe Frazier beat were hardly that impressive and whenever he did come up against anyone great he either A got decesively outboxed or flat out KO'ed and at times he had wars with people who weren't even that good!

Mike Bruce for example, he knocks Joe Frazier down and he undoubtedly is a complete bum... Joe Frazier had entertaining fights but he never was dominant and he always looked suspect doing the simple little things right always getting tagged and dropped, If he fought a Klitschko HE WOULDN'T be allowed to do that as he'd be finished as quickly as Foreman got done with him.

End of the day Wladimir is breaking historical records in the heavyweight division what has Joe Frazier broke?
                    Other than being bitterly butthurt that Muhammad Ali was miles better than him and the only win over Ali he has is Ali coming back from a big lay-off, he is overrated!

Comment

• Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                      Do you think Lennox Lewis deserved to rank higher than Joe Frazier?

Wladimir Klitschko undoubtedly deserves to rank higher than Joe!
                      You can name opponents and say he's lost to this guy and that guy but fact is the guys Joe Frazier beat were hardly that impressive and whenever he did come up against anyone great he either A got decesively outboxed or flat out KO'ed and at times he had wars with people who weren't even that good!

Mike Bruce for example, he knocks Joe Frazier down and he undoubtedly is a complete bum... Joe Frazier had entertaining fights but he never was dominant and he always looked suspect doing the simple little things right always getting tagged and dropped, If he fought a Klitschko HE WOULDN'T be allowed to do that as he'd be finished as quickly as Foreman got done with him.

End of the day Wladimir is breaking historical records in the heavyweight division what has Joe Frazier broke?
                      Other than being bitterly butthurt that Muhammad Ali was miles better than him and the only win over Ali he has is Ali coming back from a big lay-off, he is overrated!
                      Well put. People need to remove their rose-tinted glasses when it comes to Frazier and ATG talk.

Comment

Working...
                      X