Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marco Antonio Rubio Eyes Martinez-Murray Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite Martinez' very questionable choice of opponents at times, I do doubt he fights Rubio. Especially coming off a fight with Murray.

He tends to have a good fight followed by a poor one.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Despite Martinez' very questionable choice of opponents at times, I do doubt he fights Rubio. Especially coming off a fight with Murray.

Rubio might become the mando to him and i think he will fight him if he does. Rubio is a pretty big draw and people watch him. His fight against chavez gave HBO their biggest ratings in years

What i dont understand is how he might receive both a WBO #1 ranking to fight quillin and a WBC #1 ranking to fight Sergio after beating absolute nobodies. What other fighter beats nobodies but gets 2 free title shots at the same time, it ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Martinez has the current best 'last 5' opponent combined record. Its not his fault that there was no one to challenge him. Williams, Pavlik, dzinziruk, etc.. All tough opponents, the best at MW besides GGG and maybe Pirog.

Comment

Originally posted by M4RK View Post
          Martinez has the current best 'last 5' opponent combined record. Its not his fault that there was no one to challenge him. Williams, Pavlik, dzinziruk, etc.. All tough opponents, the best at MW besides GGG and maybe Pirog.

That's a laugh.

Comment

I definitely don't want to see Rubio/Martinez, that would be a huge waste of time. Rubio loses to Chavez last year, goes on to beat Baldomir and he's back with a title shot, WTF?
            Last edited by kiaba360; 03-24-2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Can't wait to hear how that scumbag Suliaman justifies a WBC #1 rating for Rubio

Comment

This is probably just an excuse for Sergio to get stripped again, the same thing will happen if he tries to unify belts.

Comment

Working...
                X