How can people call Cotto a bum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
    Jaja so Mosley was shot?
    Shot is harsh but way past his prime, in his prime he was a Gattling gun, he lost his ammo and became an ak 47 later on

also clottey, cotto 100 percent lost that fight

I don't hate on him, i respect him for the fights he has taken but I am being honest

Comment

Top 10 all time in PR history IMO. Not over Tito and Camacho though but he still has some left so who knows what happens from here. If your family thinks he is a bum then why do they watch him? I'll bet u they will run quickly to him to get an autograph or pic if they were to see him. I have family members similar to yours BTW.

If you've followed Cotto for 7 years, you should be able to make a case for him without coming to a forum.

Comment

I think his resume is 3rd best in last 10 years and he is 3rd biggest draw in sport. His wins include torres, quintana, pauli, margarito, mosley, clottey, mayorga, demarcus corley and many others. The only two people that have beat him are ranked 1 and 2 in mayweather and pacquiao. He gave mayweather his toughest fight in the last ten years and I only see martinez and canelo being able to beat him even this late in his career. I think its more of to get under my skin since they know he is my favorite

Comment

Originally posted by Dandiez1 View Post
          I think his resume is 3rd best in last 10 years and he is 3rd biggest draw in sport. His wins include torres, quintana, pauli, margarito, mosley, clottey, mayorga, demarcus corley and many others. The only two people that have beat him are ranked 1 and 2 in mayweather and pacquiao. He gave mayweather his toughest fight in the last ten years and I only see martinez and canelo being able to beat him even this late in his career. I think its more of to get under my skin since they know he is my favorite
          I didn't even finish the rest of the post

Comment

not a bum but not a hof fighter imo. very good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
              Not a bum but is a b+ fighter at best imo

I think he has the brains for the spot but physically he does not have it, his speed, stamina, reflexes and power are shot not where they should be to be a great fighter

mosley fight was a good example, he fought a shot fighter, barely won, in my opinion he lost that fight but it could have gone either way i suppose

He also has discipline issues, his frame is perfect for welterweight, he should be fighting at 147 but puts on too much weight between fights
              Lmao calling Mosley shot, 5 YEARS before May and Pac fight him. It was Mosley's last great fight, the Margarito thing was a farce. People say "oh man Mosley beat his ass blah blah blah..." Yes, but it was because the last thing on Marg's mind was the fight he knew he just destroyed his career and reputation right then and there. It gave Mosley insane motivation too, but give me Margarito/Mosley now and I'll still take Marg with a blind eye and broken achilles.

People say Cotto is bum because they either think he's gay, they're mexican and can't handle the fact that the only time Cotto lost to a Mexican was due to cheating. They still live on this one win to this day to hate on him... Maniac is the best, he does it on purpose but saying **** like he lost to Clottey and Mosley does nothing to add credibility to your point. People use grades terribly especially on here.

Berto/Ortiz/Guerrero those guys are B figthers. Cotto/Manny/Martinez are A fighters and Floyd is an ELITE fighter because IMO he beats them all with the exception of possibly Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                Lmao calling Mosley shot, 5 YEARS before May and Pac fight him. It was Mosley's last great fight, the Margarito thing was a farce. People say "oh man Mosley beat his ass blah blah blah..." Yes, but it was because the last thing on Marg's mind was the fight he knew he just destroyed his career and reputation right then and there. It gave Mosley insane motivation too, but give me Margarito/Mosley now and I'll still take Marg with a blind eye and broken achilles.

People say Cotto is bum because they either think he's gay, they're mexican and can't handle the fact that the only time Cotto lost to a Mexican was due to cheating. They still live on this one win to this day to hate on him... Maniac is the best, he does it on purpose but saying **** like he lost to Clottey and Mosley does nothing to add credibility to your point. People use grades terribly especially on here.

Berto/Ortiz/Guerrero those guys are B figthers. Cotto/Manny/Martinez are A fighters and Floyd is an ELITE fighter because IMO he beats them all with the exception of possibly Martinez.
                2 1/2 and 3 1/2 years before Mayweather and Pacquiao fought him. You use Mosley as one of his good fights but say pointing out that he should have lost adds nothing to peoples arguments? Cotto is nowhere near the level of Manny and Martinez, Pacquiao humiliated him ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  2 1/2 and 3 1/2 years before Mayweather and Pacquiao fought him. You use Mosley as one of his good fights but say pointing out that he should have lost adds nothing to peoples arguments? Cotto is nowhere near the level of Manny and Martinez, Pacquiao humiliated him ffs.
                  He beat Cotto without a trainer, at a catchweight, off of the Margairto loss (still mentally affecting him I mean) and on steroids. This is why I wish Manny wasn't such a ***** and would just fight Cotto again, not saying he would win (@154 he would) but at a minimum would show how much an advantage Manny had in the first fight. And Cotto fought Mosley in 2007 and Floyd fought Mosley in 2010 and Manny in 2011 so it was 3 and 4 years. It doesn't really matter anyone saying Mosley was shot when Cotto fought him is a complete idiot and doesn't know **** about boxing, it's a lie. Mosley wasn't "PRIME" but he was as close to his prime as Floyd is now and really as Cotto had when he fought Floyd.

One more thing, if Manny was so much better and confident in beating Cotto, AGAIN. Why is he the one calling out Cotto yet still making him drop in weight? I mean seriously, the fact that you guys still fall for this Manny weight crap is embarrassing. Floyd doesn't fight guys who he thinks can beat him (Manny and Martinez) Manny will fight him but he makes sure they get weakened enough so he does win, IDK which is worse.
                  Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 11-25-2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Cotto is a HoF.

Three division champ

He won the Clottey fight, not only on the scorecards but mentally. After the clash of heads that left him with one eye he could have said "screw this Im going home", but continued the fight and won by a point.

Mosley wasnt "way" past prime, by the time he faced Cotto his only losses where to Forrest and Winky. He was "way" past prime 3 years later when he fought Floyd. Caught Mayweather with a great punch but couldnt finish him in the second round.

His loss against Plasterito he avenged, and his other two losses where two probable ATG's. In both fights he was competitive.

Cotto is just one of those overall solid guys. A fighter tuned boxer who could switch stances to adjust and complicate a fight. His best weapon was his timing.

Not an ATG right now, but definetely a hall of famer.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                      He beat Cotto without a trainer, at a catchweight, off of the Margairto loss (still mentally affecting him I mean) and on steroids. This is why I wish Manny wasn't such a ***** and would just fight Cotto again, not saying he would win (@154 he would) but at a minimum would show how much an advantage Manny had in the first fight. And Cotto fought Mosley in 2007 and Floyd fought Mosley in 2010 and Manny in 2011 so it was 3 and 4 years. It doesn't really matter anyone saying Mosley was shot when Cotto fought him is a complete idiot and doesn't know **** about boxing, it's a lie. Mosley wasn't "PRIME" but he was as close to his prime as Floyd is now and really as Cotto had when he fought Floyd.

One more thing, if Manny was so much better and confident in beating Cotto, AGAIN. Why is he the one calling out Cotto yet still making him drop in weight? I mean seriously, the fact that you guys still fall for this Manny weight crap is embarrassing. Floyd doesn't fight guys who he thinks can beat him (Manny and Martinez) Manny will fight him but he makes sure they get weakened enough so he does win, IDK which is worse.
                      I agree with the CW are bull****, but the fact remains Cotto lost almost every round and got the **** beat out of him. He was lucky to get decisions against Mosley and Clottey, got the crap beat out of him by Margarito and it looked like it was going to happen again in the 2nd fight before the doctor stopped it. Cotto is a good fighter but is overrated by many, he has fought tough opposition and he deserves credit for that but he's not anywhere close to being an ATG.

Comment

Working...
                      X