Comments Thread For: Video: Fury's Promoter Very Upset Over Gloves Dispute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tut tut tut......All mind games!

Comment

Wladimir is such a b1tch. He fights like a b1tch, and even demands what gloves his opponent can wear.

What a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... In case it turns out that Klitschko forced Fury to use pillow Grants instead of puncher's Cleto Reyes, I will definitely root for the ***** from now on...
        Not Grants, "Paffen" a similar type of heavily padded "safety first" glove manufactured in Germany.

The contract requires both men to wear Paffen gloves. Fury's team wanted Reyes for both, but Wlad insisted on the Paffens.

Fury was sent a pair to wear in training, to get used to how they felt, but developed pain in his thumbs.

He was told by a doctor that, because of his size, the fixed thumb design of the gloves was bad for him.

The manufacturer then sent him a customised protype pair of the same gloves, but without the fixed thumb, and Fury said they were ok.

But he still hasn't seen a finished pair of the actual gloves he will be wearing for the fight, and Bernd Bönte is saying that the issue is between Team fury and the glove manufacturer, no concern of his or Wlad's.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Not Grants, "Paffen" a similar type of heavily padded "safety first" glove manufactured in Germany.

The contract requires both men to wear Paffen gloves. Fury's team wanted Reyes for both, but Wlad insisted on the Paffens.

Fury was sent a pair to wear in training, to get used to how they felt, but developed pain in his thumbs.

He was told by a doctor that, because of his size, the fixed thumb design of the gloves was bad for him.

The manufacturer then sent him a customised protype pair of the same gloves, but without the fixed thumb, and Fury said they were ok.

But he still hasn't seen a finished pair of the actual gloves he will be wearing for the fight, and Bernd Bönte is saying that the issue is between Team fury and the glove manufacturer, no concern of his or Wlad's.
          "Paffen" gloves?
          ... In the Pulev fight, they both used Ediroc (?) gloves. In the Jennings fight they both used Everlast gloves... Now he wants "Paffen"? Are they the "Pro Mexican" type?

Comment

"Paffen" gloves?
            ... In the Pulev fight, they both used Ediroc (?) gloves. In the Jennings fight they both used Everlast gloves... Now he wants "Paffen"? Are they the "Pro Mexican" type?
            "Paffen gloves are more heavily padded meaning more protection overall but less impact on connection"

Definitely not "Mexican style"

More like a German brand of "pillow golves"

Fury said that Wlad switching to Paffens for this fight proves he is worried about getting KO'd.

Comment

"Paffen gloves are more heavily padded meaning more protection overall but less impact on connection"

Definitely not "Mexican style"

More like a German brand of "pillow golves"

Fury said that Wlad switching to Paffens for this fight proves he is worried about getting KO'd.
              I did check: Paffen actually does sell some gloves under the name of "Mexican Style".

But as long as Wlad didn't let Fury to use the puncher's Cleto Reyes, I'll root for your *****! War Fury!

Comment

There's nothing wrong with Fury wearing Cleto Reyes for this fight, ***** move by Wladimir's team in doing so.

Paffen's look like those starter sets you can buy from Sports Direct or something.

Comment

I did check: Paffen actually does sell some gloves under the name of "Mexican Style".

But as long as Wlad didn't let Fury to use the puncher's Cleto Reyes, I'll root for your *****! War Fury!
                  Really? I didn't know that.

Welcome to Team *****.

WAR GYPSY KING!

Comment

This is funny considering if you google image search 'Wladimir Klitschko fight' not once will you see him wearing Paffen gloves.

Tyson must be making Wlad sweat a little.

Comment

Really? I didn't know that.

Welcome to Team *****.

WAR GYPSY KING!
                      I don't usually root for fighters who deny their opponents the right to use puncher's gloves... Anyway, I predict that Wlad will deliver one of his boring clinchfests on Saturday.

War Fury!

Comment

Working...
                      X