No announcement yet.

Is Danny the king of 140 now??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    they were "ranked" at one and two respectively under a vacant lineage/championship for ring magazine's belt at 140.

that makes the winner of their fight the champion of the division and begins a lineage for the title.

much of their lofty ranking had to do with tim bradley moving up, and peterson being removed from the rankings because he's a drug user.

it's a sh#t division and garcia is it's legitimate champion.

i would like to see him fight mathysse. it's quite clear that they are the two best fighters campaigning at 140.

I agree with everything except the bold. 140 isn't $h!t imo. Just that the bigger names have moved up & new stars are emerging.

Comment

they were "ranked" at one and two respectively under a vacant lineage/championship for ring magazine's belt at 140.

that makes the winner of their fight the champion of the division and begins a lineage for the title.

much of their lofty ranking had to do with tim bradley moving up, and peterson being removed from the rankings because he's a drug user.

i would like to see him fight mathysse. it's quite clear that they are the two best fighters campaigning at 140.
      ^^^^^exactly

Comment

Oh my life, I just double checked and Khan and Garcia were #1 and #2.

Oh man I guess Garica is the Lineal Champion

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

these are dark and crazy days, my brother. i actually wouldn't be surprised now to see mayweather take garcia as a tune up upon his return from jail, and on PPV no less.

maybe now that the king khan ship has sailed the carl the cobra steam train will start picking up some speed.
          david haye laying the blast on chisora probably threw a wrench in that, though.

Comment

I personally also think Lucas is the best in the division, but Danny is the man to beat.

Danny and Lucas fighting is more exciting to me than two years ago when it was gonna be Kahn and Bradley

I hope it happens early next year. I'd like to see Danny/Zab with Lucas on the undercard against Maidana or even Morales. Winners fight each other early in 2013

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              For the time being... yes
              best answer here

Comment

these are dark and crazy days, my brother. i actually wouldn't be surprised now to see mayweather take garcia as a tune up upon his return from jail, and on PPV no less.

maybe now that the king khan ship has sailed the carl the cobra steam train will start picking up some speed.
                david haye laying the blast on chisora probably threw a wrench in that, though.
                I was saying that if Mayweather fights again this year, and that's a big if, that Garcia may be the opponent.

Only thing stopping it is Al Haymon.

Comment

brandon rios going to be king of 140

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Yep, i know it is weird but i did not make it up.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                      This fight should never been for the ring belt. How did khan and garcia become number 1 and 2? 2 golden boy fighter fighting each other and are given an unjustified shot at the ring belt. A joke
                      It was a joke that backfired into GBP's face. smh.
                      IMO, the recent rule change was a set up to give Khan all the marbles, while overlooking Garcia's hunger.

Comment

Working...
                      X