Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favourite Lennox Lewis commentary highlight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite Lennox Lewis commentary highlight?

With the news that Lennox is now, er.. definitely... leaving HBO's commentary team, I wonder how we'll all look back on his career behind the mike? Here's my three favourites. (Favorites, Fat Yanks).

1. That time when Jorge Arce came in on a dancing horse. Surely it was a gift to any commentator wanting to show off their wit? And when asked by his co-commentators what he thought, Big Len didn't let us down:

Originally posted by Lennox Lewis
    That horse is uhhmmmmmmmmmmmm... definitely doing the boogie.
    Classic stuff, Len.

2. Another favourite (favorite, Fat Ya... you get the drill) was when they asked him what Collazo could do to offset the speed of Andre Berto.

You know......... uhmmmmmmmmm... if I was in that ring I'd think to myself 'what can I do to offset that speed?' and uhmmmmmmmmmmmm... I'd definitely think that 'I need to offset this speed' and so uhmmmmmmmmmmm... I'd look to, you know, offset that speed. You know? Definitely
    Wise words, Len!

3. One that never fails:

I'd use my jab, you know? Definitely.

But what are YOUR favourites, ****s?

Heres some of mine:
    Casamayor needs to move and throw punches
    I dont know where that punch come from, but it really hurt Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
      Heres some of mine:
      You see that first one there perfectly highlights the learned wisdom of Lennox.

Joel Casamayor probably thought he could win a fight by not throwing any punches at all, and staying stock still. It's an easy mistake to make.

But thanks to Lennox's wise words, he could improve.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        You see that first one there perfectly highlights the learned wisdom of Lennox.

Joel Casamayor probably thought he could win a fight by not throwing any punches at all, and staying stock still. It's an easy mistake to make.

But thanks to Lennox's wise words, he could improve.
        Funny

Comment

There's something comforting about his voice, despite his inability to speak in intelligible sentences.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
            There's something comforting about his voice, despite his inability to speak in intelligible sentences.
            Would you like to hear it as he rocks you to sleep with his big black anaconda, Min?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              Would you like to hear it as he rocks you to sleep with his big black anaconda, Min?
              If I needed someone to read me a bedtime story and Morgan Freeman were unavailable, Len would be on the shortlist of candidates. My only hesitation is that I'm not sure what Len's reading level is.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
                If I needed someone to read me a bedtime story and Morgan Freeman were unavailable, Len would be on the shortlist of candidates. My only hesitation is that I'm not sure what Len's reading level is.
                Absolutely*10, definately*10 and ummmmh*10, hows that for a story?

Comment

It's OVAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Comment

Kayjay just ejaculated when he saw that post.

But seriously, look at that incisive mind of Lennox at work there.

Ray Austin's totally KTFO and on both knees when the referee gets to "9".

Len chips in straight away - his mind's like a computer there - with "I don't think Ray Austin is uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gonna beat the count."

That's the kind of thing that only pro boxers could know.

Comment

Working...
                    X