Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Marquez vs Morales never happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come Marquez vs Morales never happened?

As a young boxing fan, I noticed these two didn't meet in the ring. Why not?

Aren't they now both on the edge of retirement? Hello guys... retirement fight in Mexico????????????

Marquez just ko'd pac.

Morrales just got ko'd by Garcia

Bad fight to make.

Not sure why they didnt fight. I know Marquez at the time wasnt talked about as much as morrales and barrera so it could have been a high risk low reward fight or he wanted to much money or with the fights they had going on the money was to good to wanna fight him well morrales anyway.

Comment

Morales always felt Marquez was beneath him and not worthy to sgare a ring. Now that Marquez is king. He is returning the favor

Comment

Marquez turned a Morales bout and a Naseem Hamed bout down 2001. Shame that.

Comment

There were supposed to fight couple of years back iirc. JMM pulled out and Maidana stepped in, everyone thought Morales was dead meat

Comment

When Marquez wanted it Morales was busy beating top fighters and then when Morales wanted it Marquez was busy Beating Top Fighters.

Timing was just never right.

Comment

Marquez wanted Morales when Morales when Morales was in his prime, but at that moment Morales thought Marquez wasn't worthy of a fight with him so he rejected the idea of a match between them.

Years after when Marquez was fighting top boxers Morales wanted a fight with Marquez, and Marquez returned him the favor by rejecting that fight.

Comment

what a fight this would have been...

Comment

egos got in the way, the window of opportunity closed.

Comment

I remember there were talks of them fighting, but don't why it never materialize. All I know is a few fights after the 2nd fight with Marco, he(Morales) moved up to superfeatherweight. Marquez stayed at featherweight and moved to superfeatherweight in 07. It would've been really good fight though.

Comment

Working...
                    X