No announcement yet.

Guerrero vs Berto a tainted win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post

WTF were you watching bro? I guess he could have been holding his hand with his face
    Berto tried to somehow find a way to get a hold of ROberts right arm, but Robert wasn't letting him and ended up getting hit with two lefts, lol

and we all know how much andre like to do that too, he even did it when the first left connected.so why are u you surprised?

Thats not RObert's fault either, he tried grabbed on to Guerrero, so Guerrero Grabbed him and punched the *****out of Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
      If that's so, he should have moved his head and slide under that arm. That's why I say he fought stupid. You never want your opponent to be tied up with one hand and his other hand free. Anyway, I'd like to see a rematch.
      I can agree with that but execution in the ring is a lot different from couch retrospect.

We can all easily say Pac should have ducked JMM punch.

I already said from the beginning berto didnt fight his fight...but the topic is different.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
        Respect that.

Fair and square? with illegal shots that knocked him down?

You may be right, Im not so sure.

Wow! You see it like that? I see it like he was trying to pull his hand off his neck.
        If Berto at least had a vague idea of what inside game is, you wouldnt have had to debate who was holding whom in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
          Berto tried to somehow find a way to get a hold of ROberts right arm, but Robert wasn't letting him and ended up getting hit with two lefts, lol

and we all know how much andre like to do that too, he even did it when the first left connected.so why are u you surprised?

Thats not RObert's fault either, he tried grabbed on to Guerrero, so Guerrero Grabbed him and punched the *****out of Berto.
          ....my initial post-
          "oh and Im not Ghost hater or Berto lover..as a matter of fact this is a VERY unbiased opinion because I dont care too much for either fighter."

I suppose a rape is when a woman forces her vagina on to a penis?

Rodney King was resisting arrest?

Pac beat JMM fists up?

Comment

I can agree with that but execution in the ring is a lot different from couch retrospect.

We can all easily say Pac should have ducked JMM punch.

I already said from the beginning berto didnt fight his fight...but the topic is different.
            You're right. Watching it again, it did all happen very fast. Berto got hit with 3 shots in a row, you'd think he would have blocked the last one a little better.

Comment

Closing argument:

Its crazy to think that the outcome was not affected by what happened in the first 2 rounds.

Listen, whats wrong is wrong. The officiating was bad. I didnt even mention Guerrero's head charging,the thumbing(though Im not sure if it was done on purpose) or the holding from both.

But to not see the obvious illegal shots that caused those knock downs or to try and justify them makes me feel like some love to debate for the sake of debating or they are simply blinded by the love or hate for a boxer. There is no justification.

signed- Unbiased observer.

Comment

Excessive holding. That's what Berto did throughout the fight. He paid for it. And I wish all refs are like that. Minimal intervention. Holding shouldn't be rewarded. Let the offended side settle the matter and punish the offender.

If you watched the Guerrero's hold while punching, Berto was actually locking it with his left hand.

Comment

Closing argument:

Its crazy to think that the outcome was not affected by what happened in the first 2 rounds.

Listen, whats wrong is wrong. The officiating was bad. I didnt even mention Guerrero's head charging,the thumbing(though Im not sure if it was done on purpose) or the holding from both.

But to not see the obvious illegal shots that caused those knock downs or to try and justify them makes me feel like some love to debate for the sake of debating or they are simply blinded by the love or hate for a boxer. There is no justification.

signed- Unbiased observer.
                  I understand as you said, you have no love or hate for either fighter as well, but an unbiased observer would had thought "this is a fight"...can you explain why Berto had the exact same problem on the first round of his fight with Ortiz.

I mean the exact same situation and the referee gives him the benefit after crying he got hit behind the head, then Ortiz proceeds to make sure the referee cant rule the second knockdown as another "slip" or "rabbit punch" which set the rest of the fight

Now its the holding? Next time, what would it be?

Comment

bottom line.

Berto got bested at everything he tried. Some fouls that both engaged in but cause one benefited from it and the other didn't when they both engaged in such behavior should not rise issues.

first KD was legit because both were holding and one chose to work his free hand while the other chose not to.

second KD legit because One chose to try and tie up while the other turned him and worked his free hand.

Through out the fight was solid ebb and flow with the occasion rough house tactics, that both partaken in.

Win was a solid victory and was earned, nothing the ref did helped guerrero, nothing berto did helped himself.

signed - the realest motherfucker on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by VapeRippa View Post
                      I understand as you said, you have no love or hate for either fighter as well, but an unbiased observer would had thought "this is a fight"...can you explain why Berto had the exact same problem on the first round of his fight with Ortiz.

I mean the exact same situation and the referee gives him the benefit after crying he got hit behind the head, then Ortiz proceeds to make sure the referee cant rule the second knockdown as another "slip" or "rabbit punch" which set the rest of the fight

Now its the holding? Next time, what would it be?
                      Let me put it like this.
                      I love Hopkins and respect his accomplishments(he is a HOF and a legend) though Im not crazy about his style.

He is known for his illegal tactics and knows how to get away with it. I dont take anything from any of his wins but to make believe we dont see or act like he dont do these things is obtuse.

Comment

Working...
                      X