No announcement yet.

Philly shell defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philly shell defense

Do you think theres even a point in doing it, and is it effective what are your thoughts on this?

Originally posted by LightzOut View Post
    Do you think theres even a point in doing it, and is it effective what are your thoughts on this?
    watch mayweather's fights then tell me if it's effective or not

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
      watch mayweather's fights then tell me if it's effective or not
      of course its effective but i'm on about the average amateur fighter , have you ever tried it?

Comment

yes it was difficult to time it at first but youll get the hang of it

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
          yes it was difficult to time it at first but youll get the hang of it
          alright thanks, i'll have a go at it in sparring

Comment

If you don't have the reflexes, you shouldn't even try to use it. It would be like trying to play pitcher when you can't throw a baseball. Your just gonna hurt yourself.

It's good if you have the reflexes. Your supposed to use it in the pocket. When your that close, the options of punches are smaller. The space leaves less room for damaging shots. That space also allows you to deflect and roll punches all while throwing a short uppercut that will land clean every time.

So, it's effective but you have to not only have the reflexes but you have to know how to use it.

Floyd looks amazing using it right....

Arturo Gatti used it as well and we all know what he was famous for.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              If you don't have the reflexes, you shouldn't even try to use it. It would be like trying to play pitcher when you can't throw a baseball. Your just gonna hurt yourself.

It's good if you have the reflexes. Your supposed to use it in the pocket. When your that close, the options of punches are smaller. The space leaves less room for damaging shots. That space also allows you to deflect and roll punches all while throwing a short uppercut that will land clean every time.

So, it's effective but you have to not only have the reflexes but you have to know how to use it.

Floyd looks amazing using it right....

Arturo Gatti used it as well and we all know what he was famous for.
              i understand were your coming from! ill have a go at it , whatever is more comfortable that is what i'll use . thanks

Comment

its good to experiment in sparring. i actually do it alot in sparring and think it will be incorporated more for me as a pro and im good at it. its not very effective in amateurs. i mean it can be but its easier to use in pros. big headgear and gloves makes it harder to slip with that style.

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
                  its good to experiment in sparring. i actually do it alot in sparring and think it will be incorporated more for me as a pro and im good at it. its not very effective in amateurs. i mean it can be but its easier to use in pros. big headgear and gloves makes it harder to slip with that style.

really? i beg th differ

Comment

i like the way james toney used it in his prime better, more aggressive, that shows the real countering power, which is what it's designed for: to counter hard as fast as possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X